24 September 2018 (Monday) - Stuff...


Having watched the last episode of “The Job Lot” yesterday evening I was wondering what drivel I might binge-watch next. “Vanity Fair” from the ITV hub seemed interesting so I tried the first episode. Much as I like a period drama (oh how those bosoms heave) the first episode did seem rather formulaic. Mind you it might improve.
As I watched it, Fudge snuggled up to me. Was he being soppy, or hoping for toast?

I then had a little look at the Internet as I do most mornings. There was very little of note on Facebook, and equally little of note in my inbox, so I set off in the general direction of work.
As I drove the pundits on the radio were discussing (lambasting) the Labour party's seeming indecision about whether or not to have a second Brexit referendum. Apparently the Labour party are holding off making any sort of firm decision and are preferring to have a "wait and see" attitude instead. Much as it pains me to say anything positive about the Labour party these days, they are probably right to do so; with the ongoing Brexit negotiations obviously being made up as they go along, anything might happen in the meantime. Why have a formulated policy which may well be redundant in a few weeks' time? Mind you why have a Labour party when it is already redundant?

My piss boiled as I listened to the talk about the public inquiry into the so-called blood scandal of forty years ago. Some people who had transfusions of blood products in the late 1970s and early 1980s have since developed HIV infections and hepatitis-C infections. Bearing in mind that thirty seconds on Google will show you that HIV wasn't discovered until 1983 and hepatitis-C wasn't discovered until 1989 is it really fair to expect the blood service of the late 1970s to have been able to have tested for unknown diseases? And anyway, surely common sense tells us that any sort of blood transfusion comes with risk?
The pundits on the radio were talking about how contaminated American blood was brought in to the country back in the day as though this was some sort of scandal. What did they expect? The UK has never paid blood donors and consequently there aren’t enough of them. The USA pays blood donors and consequently those who want a quick buck can’t part with the stuff quickly enough. It ain’t rocket science…
The pundits on the radio this morning made it clear that this public inquiry was looking to assign some blame for the debacle... isn't that entirely what is wrong with today's society?

I got to work and had a rather good day. I came home, and we had a little walk round the park. Fudge tried to fight with a bus as we walked. I wish he wouldn’t.
After a rather good bit of dinner"er indoors TM" went off bowling and I watched another episode of “Vanity Fair”. I must admit I am disappointed by the scarcity of bosoms (heaving or otherwise)…

No comments:

Post a Comment