6 August 2018 (Monday) - Before The Night Shift


I woke feeling far better than I probably had any right or expectation to do so. Mind you my left knee was aching; I wonder what’s up with it.
I had my usual look at the Internet and saw that nothing much had changed overnight. It rarely does.

Seeing how the weather forecast said we were in for a hot day I thought we might do our walk round the park early. Today’s walk was hard work. Yesterday we walked with friends; there was an attraction for Fudge; a reason to stay close. Today was just the three of us, and Fudge straggled beyond the expectations of even his staunchest supporters.
As we walked we could see the fun fair was setting up in the park, and I found myself pondering on the logistics of running a fun fair. They open for business this coming Thursday and stay open until Sunday. Is this standard fun fair opening? If so how had they shut up shop so promptly yesterday to be in the park in Ashford before nine o’clock today? And there was only some of the rides and stalls present. Don’t they travel mob-handed? I always thought that a fun fair was one unit – perhaps I’m wrong? Do all the stalls and rides operate independently?
I wonder what kind of a life they have on the road moving from town to town?
I could do fun-fairs…

Once home I set about taking down the gazebo and event shelter we’d used yesterday. Despite having just been round the park and “unloaded”, both dogs managed to “produce” rather spectacularly which needed clearing before I could get busy. The event shelter went away easily enough, but the gazebo has had it. The material is ripped and fit for the bin.
I then fixed the water features that didn’t survive "Stormageddon - Bringer of Destruction TM" ‘s intervention yesterday; something there was fascinating the dogs. I wonder what the attraction was.
And as an encore scrubbed out the barbecue. Both dogs seemed very keen to scoff up the scraps of burned and charcoaled meat that I pulled out of the thing.

I then had a little look-see on eBay to find out how much a new gazebo would set me back. It is as cheap to replace the lot as it is just to replace the ripped bit. I was rather surprised to see that some sellers offered “collection in store”; Argos are selling stuff through eBay!
I checked my emails – there is a new geo-series near Igtham. A walk of less than three miles. Too short for a weekend day but it might be good for a day when "My Boy TM" can’t come fishing. This Thursday might be such a day (if the weather forecast changes).

Over a lunch of left-overs I watched “Orange is the New Black” and an episode of “Gotham” from two weeks ago, then I took myself off to bed. I slept for an hour or so, but Fudge decided to start a barking match with new-next-door’s dogs. By the time I’d shouted at him all hopes of sleep were gone. So I got up and watched more “Orange is the New Black”.

I’ve had a rather dull day today. As I was “doing dull” Sofia has had her little baby, and Sam has pranged his car.
I’m off to the night shift soon… just as well I’m on nights – it is too hot to sleep anyway,

No comments:

Post a Comment