4 October 2017 (Wednesday) - Before The Night Shift

I slept reasonably well, finally waking just before 7am. Over brekkie I had a look at Facebook and in one of the Ashford groups I read a thread about a local driving instructor who seemingly deliberately reversed a car at someone’s dog, and then shouted at the dog’s owner telling her she was scum because she lived in a housing estate. From the physical description that followed I couldn’t help but wonder if this was the same driving instructor who slagged me off to (at least) three of his pupils earlier in the year following a rather trivial squabble.

I got the leads onto the dogs and we went for a little walk round the park. The squirrels were out in force gathering the fallen acorns. Both dogs seemed oblivious to the squirrels, which was just as well.
As we walked we met OrangeHead who was clearly in a rush to get to the park. I’ve often wondered about her and her posse. Do they have a formal meet-up time and venue, or does she just go to the park and rally whatever followers she can muster?

We came home, and I spent a couple of hours doing dull housework. Firstly the harvest of dog turds in the garden needed to be gathered in. And with that lot shifted I mowed a rather wet lawn. There are those who say you shouldn’t mow a wet lawn. These same people never have any suggestions as to how you can dry the thing, and waiting for it to dry just means it gets longer and longer and consequently has less chance to dry out.
I hung out washing, then cleared up all the fragments of dog toys which were littering the living room. With them out of the way I then hoovered (with the Dyson), and then spent fifteen minutes clearing all of the crap out of the Dyson’s works.
I then prepared some pocket queries (it’s a geo-thing) and tried to print out the booking stuff for our upcoming weekend break. I do struggle with the Internet connection to the PC in the back bedroom. There are too many brick walls for the signal to go through. It really needs a physical cable to work properly. And I struggle with the printer too – it just doesn’t actually print. I gave up in the end; I’m not sure I need any hard copy.
I also backed up the last month’s worth of blog entries. I don’t know if anyone ever looks at the backup site, but it is there if anyone wants it.

Over a spot of lunch I watched the latest episode of the Channel 4 program “Electric Dreams” which starred Timothy Spall. He’s lost a lot of weight. I then went to bed for the afternoon and slept for a few hours until the puppy wanted to play.
An episode of “Gotham” on Netflix (which is getting *really* good) and hopefully "er indoors TM" will be home soon to make my dinner before the night shift.

It’s a shame I’m working on my wedding anniversary, but it could be a whole lot worse…

No comments:

Post a Comment