24 October 2017 (Tuesday) - Still Dull

I slept well; I would have slept better if not for vivid dreams about being saddled with lost baby puppies needing milk and the whole world having sold out of the stuff.

Over brekkie I watched the most recent episode of “The Last Ship” in which again our heroes saved the day for the simple reason that they were Americans, and in which the baddies all died horribly for the simple reason that they were not. My dog sat with me for some of the show, and half way through something odd happened. Treacle came looking for him. Fudge was on my lap, Treacle came downstairs and made a squeaking sound at him, and the two of them trotted off upstairs to my bed.
Nothing much had happened on Facebook overnight (which was probably for the best), and with no emails of note I got dressed (without disturbing the dogs too much) and set off to work.

It was dark again this morning (well it would be!) but not at all cold like yesterday. Rather than going straight to work I took a little diversion to get petrol. Usually the old duck behind the counter in the petrol station has a queue of admirers; today there were none. It seemed rather odd. I thought she was giving me the eye at one point – I wasn’t having any of it.
As I drove up the motorway the pundits on the radio were interviewing some retired general or other. The government were making a great fuss of having increased the defence budget, but the retired general was having none of it. He maintained that by getting involved in all sorts of international conflicts that they weren’t funding, the government was effectively cutting the budget.
I suppose he had a point.

I got to work, did my bit, and then rather than going home I went down to Willesborough to see Chippy and Anne. Little Emily was down for half-term and a tea party had been arranged in her honour. It was rather good to catch up with everyone.

We came home, walked the dogs round the roads (trying out their new luminous collars) then watched the latest episode of Star Trek: Discovery. The episode seemed to take a somewhat different direction from previous episodes and was effectively fanwank, which was a shame.

"Daddy’s Little Angel TM" has sent me my orders – I’m off to the tip tomorrow…

No comments:

Post a Comment