12 April 2016 (Tuesday) - Aching

I had a great time yesterday but the physical excertions have taken their toll. I was suffering somewhat today. My right foot and right elbow are rather sore and aching. And the lump on my head is rather painful,
There are those who would say that being fifty-two (and one sixth) is too old to be scambling about in rivers getting my pants soaking wet. They may have a point... but I don't see me stopping doing this sort of thing any time soon.
Whatever happened to my rubber dingy? I shall need that soon (and when the tide is right).

I spent a little while messing about on the Internet as I scoffed brekkie, then I popped the lead onto "Furry Face TM" and we went out to meet "Daddies Little Angel TM" and "Stormageddon - Bringer of Destruction TM" . She wanted to go on a walk past the bakery; I wasn’t going to argue with her. Suitably equipped with cake we walked out to Singleton Lake and back through Viccie Park. As we walked "Daddies Little Angel TM" had a phone call. Sam had taken Buster (the big dog) to the vets. Sam wasn’t happy because the vets wanted a sample of his poop. I don’t see that as a big deal, but then I suppose I am used to that sort of thing.

Once home I got out the shears and cut back more of the greenery which was overflowing the garden fence. Every time I go near that fence I expect our “delightful” neighbour to appear; ranting and frothing at the mouth. But there was no sign of him.

I then nipped up to the corner shop to get a sandwich for lunch. As I scoffed it I watched a film I’d recorded a few nights ago. “The Divide” was utter rubbish. I turned it off half way through and thought I might carry on in the garden. I loaded up loads of garden rubbish and took a car full of tat to the tip, then came home and mowed the lawn. The lawn mower collapsed at one point. I *think* I’ve bodged it back together; time will tell.
And having got the garden into a semblance of tidiness I set up the garden lounger, got myself a tin of lemonade, and slobbed about in the garden until it got too cold to stay out there.
I quite enjoyed that; I should do it more often.

Normally on a Tuesday the clans would gather, but what with Matt having the lurgy plans were put on hold. "er indoors TM" boiled up a rather good beefburger and we washed it down with a bottle of plonk whilst watching bake-off.
But I still ache...


No comments:

Post a Comment