3 August 2015 (Monday) - My Dog's A Hero

Upgrading to Windows 10 just wasn't happening yesterday evening. According to the upgrade app the reservation is confirmed and the download is complete. I was then asked to click on "Ok, let's continue" and I was told to expect a ten second prep of my device.
Apparently.
What actually happened was nothing. Nothing at all. The thing just hung. It hung all of yesterday afternoon when I tried to upgrade. I re-started it yesterday evening and it did nothing. I re-started it at bed time and left it going.
I was woken at 1.30am by a commotion outside. The garden of a house a few doors up the road had caught fire and there were fire engines and flashing blue lights and all sorts of fuss. Perhaps that had upset the upgrade. I set it going yet again and went back to bed. The fire brigade finally shoved off at 2.45am, and I eventually dozed off only to be woken by the sound of the door bell and "Furry Face TM" barking. I came down to find no one at the door and my dog fast asleep. I must have dreamt it. And Windows 10 still wasn't happening.
I was finally woken by a text message at 7am. I gave up all attempts at sleep and I got up to find still nothing had happened with the so-called upgrade. I've given up on it now.

I think the dishwasher must be on the blink as well. When I put the thing on for the one hour setting a count-down timer activates. It counts down from sixty to zero as it washes, but actually takes about two hours to do so.

After brekkie I put the lead onto "Furry Face TM" and we went for a walk round the park. Some of our walks are eventful; others not so. Today's was one of the quieter ones. In fact other than a run-in with a black pug and Fudge being startled by a young girl singing along with the strange voices in her head the walk passed off uneventfully.

I took a circuitous route to Canterbury via Folkestone to see the baby (and his crew) this morning. Littlun was fine, as was Charlie, Sam and "Daddies Little Angel TM". From there I drove up to Hawkinge. I needed some fruit for lunches during the week. I would be driving straight past a Lidl so popping in made sense; in future I shall carry on driving straight past that Lidl. Their fruit looked manky. Mind you there was a geocache in the car park so the trip wasn't entirely wasted.

Once at work I spent much of today in a rather reflective frame of mind. I *could* have been starting work on a secondment to the hospital lab on the Island of Saint Helena. I turned that option down. I can't help but wonder what might have been...

Once home after the late shift I found out that my dog is a hero. Apparently when "er indoors TM" let him out for a tiddle late last night he was the first one to see the flames of last night's fire, and it was his woofing that raised the alarm.
Good boy Fudge !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment