3 March 2014 (Monday) - Pride and...



I woke at 4am in absolute terror. I had no idea what I’d been dreaming about but I was absolutely terrified. I could have done with a tiddle, but I was so scared I would rather have wet the bed than have moved from the spot. I’m not sure ‘er indoors TM would have been pleased about that; but there it is.

I eventually dozed off again, and got up shortly before 8am to a glorious morning. I wasn’t going to waste time, so I popped the lead onto “Furry Face TM “ and we went for a walk. We did our usual walk to Singleton Lake, but in reverse. When we got to the far side of Singleton Lake, which is about as far from home as we get on this walk so the weather went from bright sunshine to rainstorm in about ten seconds flat. The heavens opened and I was soaked to the skin in minutes. And the rain continued most of the way home, pausing only briefly to make way for a hailstorm. Twice.

During a slight break in the rain I filmed a little of our walk for no reason that I could fathom. I just did. Once home Fudge made a bee-line for the bath and jumped in. He was cold – the shower warms him up.
I took the laundry out of the washing machine, spread it round the house in the hope that it would dry, and put more washing in. My smalls don’t wash themselves; more’s the pity.
I then spent a little time on the monthly accounts. Not good, but could be a whole lot worse. And I had a go at the astro club accounts. They are reasonably healthy; if fact fit to be embezzled. I must remember to grab a handful *before* I pay it all into the bank this weekend.

Over lunch I watched a film I’d recorded last week. “Escape from Mars” was one of the worst films I have ever seen. Scientifically wrong, with plot holes big enough to fly the spaceship through, it was ninety precious minutes wasted. I then wasted the best part of two hours trying to solve a puzzle. A series of fifteen puzzle-caches went live over the weekend. I had this idea to solve all the puzzles then go do the caches next weekend. I’ve got five done. Maybe I’ll have them done in time to walk this weekend?

With ‘er indoors TM off bowling I then spent two hours doing the ironing whilst watching my DVD of “Pride and Prejudice” – you can’t beat a bit of Mr Darcy…

No comments:

Post a Comment