28 January 2014 (Tuesday) - Have a Banana

I set my alarm for 7am this morning, and woke only two minutes before it was due to go off. That was good. I watched Family Guy over toast. It turns out that Brian the dog has a gay cousin, and he married his boyfriend in today's episode,which was nice for all concerned.

As I walked to my car this morning I had a wry smile at a large black and white cat which was walking up the middle of the street, seemingly oblivious of the traffic going up and down past it. I wonder whose cat it wasl and whether the cat survived the day.
The morning's radio was entertaining; as ever. There was an article on ear worms; that annoying thing when you get a song or tune stuck in your head. Apparently advertising firms are looking at the possibility of pushing their messages more actively via earworms. I would have thought that they would have done that years ago.
Also on a musical theme Pete Seeger (who?) died today. He was the chap who wrote a lot of the archetypal hippie songs of the 1960s and 1970s. Whilst I can't say I'm a fan of his music I did chuckle when the pundits played a snippet of what they called "the unmistakeable voice of Pete Seeger" only to apologise five minutes later that they'd actually played something by Peter Paul and Mary.

I popped into the cheapo-bargains shop on my way to work, and as I did I had something of a shock. A good friend was walking out out the place. I looked again; what was Tracey doing fifty-odd miles from home? I was about to ask her when I realised it wasn't her; it was a look-alike. But a very close look-alike. It was only her not recognising me that really gave it away.
I've heard tell that everyone has a double somewhere; I wonder if there is another me...?

And so to work. I did my bit, and we heard mention of our old friend science. It would seem that there is a new scientific unit in regular use; the banana equivalent dose
which is a measure of radiation. Specifically that amount of radiation equivalent to the exposure one would get from eating a banana. Apparently bananas are more radioactive that you might think.
That is unless you think they are extremely radioactive...

No comments:

Post a Comment