12 June 2020 (Friday) - Zesty and Vibrant


I scoffed a bowl of granola whilst watching an episode of “Trailer Park Boys: The Animated Series” (which was rather good) then quickly sparked up my lap-top.
In amongst the nonsense and the drivel on Facebook I saw a post from my cousin. Her cat has lymphoma. That will cost a fortune to treat. I automatically thought that she should cut her losses, it is an old cat… but if it was my Fudge I would think differently…
I had a “sort of” invite to one of the “Black Lives Matter” rallies that are happening tomorrow. Apparently the League of British Racists have arranged to turn up at one of these rallies. I was asked (along with a *lot* of other people) to turn up at that particular one on the pretext of supporting the rally (which I do anyway) but to be prepared to kick seven shades of sh*t out of the League of British Racists should they try anything. Fortunately I’m working tomorrow so I could turn the invite down without giving offence.

I made my way to my car, weaving through the recycling bins that the bin-men had discarded across the pavements.
As I drove to work the pundits on the radio were talking about how the economy has shrunk by twenty per cent. Bearing in mind how everyone's been on furlough, is this any surprise?
There was then a lot of talk of Brexit and how a no-deal crash-out is looking more and more likely supposedly... because of coronageddon (a handy excuse?!)

With time on my hands I went to Tesco in Pembury for some odds and ends. The last time I went there pretty much everyone was walking round in full-on haz-mat suits. Today there wasn't a single face-mask or rubber glove to be seen. The public clearly have lost interest in the pandemic.
Mind you there was some rather aggressive member of the staff there who wasn't afraid to give out the orders. She (very rudely) told some chap which aisle he could walk up and which aisle he could walk down  (even though there were no directing arrows.)
And she then had the right hump with me because I went to the till once I'd got what I needed rather than walking to the end of  the shop and following the tortuous route she had in mind for me.

I got to work and did my bit., As I worked so I had a phone call from the sleep clinic. A week or so ago I sent them the SD card out of my CPAP machine so that they could review the data the thing had collected about my sleep patterns over the years. The SD card hadn't collected anything since September 2016... That was useful (!)
The nice lady said she would send the car back to me and could I try again. Somehow it was my fault that the device hasn't been recording anything...
We then had a "Code Red" which really made my day. I don't dislike my job but… other than Captain Kirk, how many other people do you know who really do have "Red Alerts" at work? Having Klingons on the viewscreen is just peanuts to what we sometimes contend with.

Just I got home "er indoors TM" was taking the dogs out. We had a good walk; for once I took Pogo, and he had no “episodes” at all. Not one. With me holding the lead he clearly feels he has no need to protect anyone.
Fudge straggled, but Fudge does that.

"er indoors TM" boiled up a rather good bit of dinner which we washed down with a bottle of white wine. The plonk was called “Zesty and Vibrant”; whoever named it lied. But dinner was good, and we all liked the cheese we had for afters…

No comments:

Post a Comment