16 January 2020 (Thursday) - A Friend Request


"er indoors TM" spends some nights fighting with the dogs all night long. On other nights she forms an alliance with them so that together they capture the duvet for themselves and I shiver. Last night they all formed such an alliance. I shivered.

Over a bowl of granola I watched another episode of Schitts Creek. Not even Fudge got up this morning; just as well as there were no crusts to be had from a bowl of granola.
I then had a quick look at Facebook. I'd had a friend request from some young lady of whom I'd never heard. I had a look at her profile; am I being sexist in saying that in all of her photos she was brandishing the most enormous chest. I suppose she must be lonely to be sending out friend requests on social media to people she doesn't know. It's odd really - I wouldn't have thought that anyone with a chest that size would have been short of male friends.
I get these sorts of friend requests on Facebook from time to time. Women (young enough to be my daughter) with the most stupendous norks want to chum up with me.  I wish they wouldn't.

I looked at the Munzee map and saw that there were two bouncers on the way to work, so I set off to Cranbrook. As I drove the pundits on the radio were saying that one in five people aged under thirty has never had a full English breakfast, with the younger generation preferring fruit and healthy rubbish. It was even suggested that the fry-up could become a thing of the past.
Heaven forbid!

I got to Cranbrook and found my Munzee. I also realised that I was less than fifty yards from a geocache. But the Munzee I sought was accessible from the pavement; the geocache was in a swamp. So I left the geocache and headed on to Bewl Water.

As I headed west there was talk on the radio of yesterday's Prime Minister's Questions in Parliament. The current Prime Minister seems to thrive at Prime Minister's Questions; like him or loathe him, Mr Johnson is a consummate showman. He seems to be fooling most of the people for most of the time by talking loudly and confidently. Take his latest hare-brained scheme "Bung a bob for Big Ben's Bong" in which he intends to crowd-fund half a million quid to get Big Ben fixed in time so it can chime to celebrate Brexit. With Australia on fire, NHS waiting lists growing, and more and more people dependent on food banks, the Prime Minister is trying to get the public  to pay to speed up the repairs to Big Ben (which have already been funded) and no one blinks an eye.

I got to Bewl Water; I found my Munzee. I could have gone on for a geocache, but again I didn't fancy braving the swamp. Instead I spent a few minutes looking at the reservoir; it is rather beautiful.
Pausing only for a quick deploy in Pembury (it's a Munzee thing) I went on to work where I had a rather average day. Not good, not bad... just rather dull really. Mind you at tea break I did finish my current e-book. You can see what I thought of it by clicking here.
I’m glad I’ve recorded my reading since last March – there’s something of a theme to what I read… I really need to get some recommendations for non-sci-fi reading.

I came home to an empty house. "er indoors TM" had taken the dogs out. They all came back shortly after I got home, and we then had a fun five minutes trying to find where Treacle had hidden her bowl. Once she’s eaten her meals she hides her bowl. I wish she wouldn’t.

We had a rather good bit of dinner washed down with a bottle of shiraz. As we scoffed we watched “After Ever After” which wasn’t entirely unlike “Yonderland”. If you get the chance to watch it, it’s well worth a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment