4 June 2019 (Tuesday) - Virtually Rewarded


For once I slept right through until the alarm went off. Over a bowl of granola I watched another episode of “Bonding” then had a look to see what the Internet had done overnight.
I had a friend request on Facebook from “Sam Angling Baits”. Now I can’t help but wonder why Mr Baits wants to be my pal. Surely it isn’t a thinly veiled ruse to try to sell me something? I’m also wondering why this chap is clearly allowed to use a fake name when other people aren’t. I’ve not accepted the request – I have quite enough people with whom I can argue already.
My eyes then rolled when I was reading some of the comments about the death of Paul Darrow (who played “Avon” in “Blake’s Seven”). Those who’d met the chap were posting on various Facebook pages about their experiences of him. Those who’d openly admitted they’d never met him were trying to call everyone else racist for no reason that anyone could determine.
Social media is so often just one big fight. Such a shame.
I had a look at my emails – a new geocache had gone live. But it was on the drive to Pembury, not Maidstone. And it was a long way down a private drive. I will have a look-see there on another day.

As I drove to work the pundits on the radio were again talking about President Trump's state visit to the UK. Apparently the Queen told him off at some posh dinner last night?  It would seem that this state visit that has been put on for his benefit is turning out to be more trouble than it is worth. Pretty much nothing else (at all) was mentioned on the radio. If nothing else it made a welcome change from Brexit drivel.

I did my bit at work. Half way through the afternoon I volunteered to go move some stuff about. No one else wanted to do it, I could take my time and have a bit of a skive (I made no secret of that), and I could check my emails. This afternoon at four o’clock geocaching HQ were going to announce who’d been lucky enough to win the chance to hide a virtual geocache. The last time they did this was something of a debacle, and I sulked. I’d determined that if I was one of the lucky winners this time, then that would be nice. And if I was unlucky then I would accept it with good grace.
Four o’clock came and went. I had no email, and had a serious moody.
Mind you as I walked to my car an hour and a half later my phone beeped. I had been lucky – I had got a virtual reward. To coin a phrase, I was like a cat with two cocks.

I came home, and together with "er indoors TM" we went for a little walk to have a first recce at where I’m going to site my virtual reward. I’m rather over-excited about it. I must admit I’m a tad miffed that "er indoors TM" didn’t get one, but she says that she is *very* pleased that I got one; I’m told that if I’d not been lucky the sulking would have been unbearable…

Where’s that bottle of wine…

No comments:

Post a Comment