17 November 2018 (Saturday) - County Cachers' Meet


With most of the wolf-pack spending the night in the top bedroom with "Stormageddon - Bringer of Destruction TM" I thought I might have got a decent night’s sleep. I only had Sid in with me, and he was on the floor. But his snoring was enough to have me seeing every hour of the night.
I got up at seven o’clock and watched most of an episode of “Prison Break” before mayhem ensued.

Dog breakfast time was interesting. Fudge flatly refused to eat his, preferring to sit with me on the sofa. We offered hm his bowl on the sofa, and he ate the lot. He was clearly hungry but would rather be on the sofa. What was that all about?
I checked out my Nectar account. The points I got for my Lego bargain have been added to my Nectar account. I’d spent seventeen quid and got nine pence back. Well, it’s hardly a “get rich quick” scheme but it’s better than a poke up the bum with a sharp stick. Meanwhile "Stormageddon - Bringer of Destruction TM" was playing with some fairy princess helicopter thing that used to belong to his mother. Treacle got hold of it and chewed it until S.B.O.D. took it from her and told her she was a “pain in the glass”.

I had an email. Yesterday I complained to my local councillor about the crap street lighting and said I doubted that he’d do much. He emailed this morning to say he wasn’t going to do anything. If any of my loyal readers are wondering for whom to vote at the next election, I’d say that as far as I am concerned George Kowaree has had his chance and has blown it.

I then took Fudge for a little adventure. We walked up to the train station and got on the train to Hollingbourne. We sat and waited and eventually the train got moving. Eventually we got to Hollingbourne only fifteen minutes later than planned. Karl Tracey and Charlotte were at the station waiting for us, and after a quick relocate to the village hall (where we met Nick) we had a rather good wander round the local fields finding half a dozen geocaches as we went.
With caches found we drove up to Doddington where the local hunters of Tupperware were having their monthly meeting. Stout, cheese, ploughman’s, ham, port, talking Tupperware, meeting friends… not a bad way to spend a winter afternoon.
I took a few photos whilst I was out.
Eventually "er indoors TM" and "Stormageddon - Bringer of Destruction TM" came out to join us. Another glass of port, and then we came home.

We spent the evening watching “Octonauts”, “Toot the Tiny Tug Boat” and “Blaze the Monster Truck”; periodically phoning "Daddy’s Little Angel TM" to find out why we were having melt-downs for no explicable reason…
Bed time can’t come soon enough…

No comments:

Post a Comment