5 September 2017 (Tuesday) - Perfick

I slept like a log; I woke to find I was hugging the puppy like a teddy bear. When she sleeps well, so do I. Over brekkie I watched the last episode of “Time Gentlemen Please” and then sparked up my lap-top. After finding that absolutely nothing of note had happened on Facebook overnight, the McAfee wotsit told me to stop browsing so it could do its work. I’m not quite sure what it did, and whatever it did seems to have made no noticeable difference to the lap-top. But I’m sure that whatever it did, it had the best of intentions in doing so.
I then started browsing again to have a look at my emails. Having given the leccie company some meter readings at the weekend (even if the gas meter was playing up). Despite being in credit with them, they have put up my monthly payment by ten per cent. Ten per cent!

Mind you as I drove to work there was talk on the radio about the government removing the pay freeze on public sector workers. I could do with that.
The pundits on the radio were also introducing the Brexit minister. He said something which should make us all sit up and take notice. His department is currently moving every single item of European law into British law so that when we leave the EU, Britain doesn’t descend into lawless anarchy. The chap conducting the interview asked about the promises that had been made about getting rid of all the European laws. The minister made it plain that laws *might* be amended by future governments but there were certainly no plans to change anything. His implication was that the average pro-Brexit voter was happy enough with the various European laws, but weren’t happy about the European bit. He seemed to feel that the average pro-Brexit voter didn’t really care about any legislation; they just didn’t want Johnny Foreigner making that legislation.
Is that right? What a terrible world we live in.

I got to work, had a busy day, and came home via "My Boy TM"’s house. He’d bought me a swimming mask and a snorkel. That was kind of him.
I got home just as the heavens opened, and I got soaked walking from the car to the house. The dogs weren’t keen on a walk this evening. Probably just as well.

Over dinner we watched the documentary about the life and work of Sir David Jason. I’d forgotten just how many TV shows he’d been in…

No comments:

Post a Comment