22 September 2017 (Friday) - A Day's Fishing

The puppy was restless last night. I don’t mind her being *on* the bed; but I draw the line at *in* the bed. She gets under the covers when I am asleep, then tries to push me out. I wasn’t having any of it last night though. Amazing how she never bothers "er indoors TM". I doubt she would dare.

I got up early, watched an old episode of “Dad’s Army”, then set off for a day’s fishing. I stopped off at the co-op to get a sandwich for lunch, then nearly had a fight. As I drove out of the car park a thug was in the way. I slowed, but he showed no sign of moving. I stopped, and waited for him to move. After a few seconds he realised I was there, and loudly and aggressively asked what my f… problem was. I explained that I was trying to drive out of the car park. He looked around and it was as though he had only just realised he was in the way and blocking the way on and out of the car park. He completely changed his attitude, apologised, and got out of the way.

I collected "My Boy TM" and together we drove out to Hartley Lands fishery at Cranbrook. We fished there a while ago and had a very good day. Our hopes were high…
We arrived, looed about and set up. After a couple of hours we moved because we were so cold. The last time we were there we’d set up in the sun, and moved because we were too hot. Today we were cold, and so moved into the sun. Mind you moving to face the sun was probably a mistake as I caught the sun quite seriously.

The fishing was quieter than we’d expected. In fact "My Boy TM" had something of a sulk because he was catching less than me, and I wasn’t catching much. The fishing was odd; I would catch three or four in fifteen minutes, and then nothing for over an hour. I probably ended up with about twenty catches by the time we packed up, and the first fruit of my loin had maybe a third of that.
I also had my biggest ever fish (thirteen pounds in weight) and my second biggest too (eleven pounds in weight), and there is no denying that I had a snigger when "My Boy TM"’s seat collapsed under him.

I had a rather good surprise half an hour before going home; by one of those random flukes it turned out that my old mucker Dave was fishing the next lake today. We used to go fishing together forty years ago; the rod rests I used today were the same ones I used when Dave and I used to fish around Hastings.
It was good to catch up and chat.
I got a selfie with Dave, as well as some other photos of the day.

Once home I unloaded the car, and put out the wet stuff to dry. "er indoors TM" had taken the dogs for a walk and so I got the gear away in five minutes where it might have taken twenty minutes.

"er indoors TM" boiled up a rather good dinner and we scoffed it watching the final of “Lego Masters” whilst the dogs squabbled over their toys. They do that…

No comments:

Post a Comment