7 March 2017 (Tuesday) - Crap Cybermen

My dog spent the night on my bed last night. On the one hand I was glad he felt up to coming upstairs, on the other hand it gave me a restless night. Over brekkie I watched another episode of “You Rang M’Lord”, and as it finished I found the telly was playing the first episode of “Brideshead Revisited”. This is a series I’ve seen so many times that I know what is going to happen for the entire series, but still I love it.
As Sebastian threw up into Charles’s window I had a look-see on-line. There was absolutely nothing of note on Facebook (possibly because I’ve walked away from some of the more contentious sites on there). Linkedin had emailed me to suggest I might like to congratulate Ledino Mila on her three-year work anniversary. I decided not to as I have no idea who Ledina Milo is. And match dot com had emailed me to offer a three-day free trial. I decided against it.

As I drove to work the radio wittered on in the background. There was talk of calls for an early general election. This could be a double-edged sword. On the one hand the Labour party under Jeremy Corbyn would effectively be wiped out. On the other hand the Scottish Nationalists would probably be given carte blanche to do as they please north of the border.
There was also mention of the return of the original cybermen in the upcoming series of Doctor Who. Personally I think this is a bad move; Steven Moffat (the bloke who makes the show) described the original cybermen as looking like “boys with jumpers pulled over their heads”.
And the pundits wheeled on the shadow education spokesperson Angela Rayner who flatly refused to answer every single question that was put to her. I can’t understand the Labour party’s aversion to grammar schools. Surely it makes sense to stretch the brighter children rather than to have them plodding along at the pace of the thickest child in the class? Or perhaps it is just part of the Labour party’s (rather obvious) ploy to make themselves unelectable at every turn.

With work done I came home and we walked the dogs. They like their evening walks. So do I, but I prefer it when we have the lighter evenings so we can go to the park.
We had a quick bit of scoff, then made our way round to Arden Drive for the Tuesday gathering. It was good to catch up, we watched an episode of Gotham… all good stuff.

"My Boy TM" wants to know if we fancy a week’s holiday in Greece. He’s not thought this through – he’s the dog-sitter. Does anyone fancy having "Furry Face TM" for a week ?



No comments:

Post a Comment