26 December 2016 (Monday) - Boxing Day

Just before I went to bed last night I saw the announcement of the death of George Michael. Over brekkie social media was alive with people who were claiming to be distraught at the news. Admittedly a *lot* of celebrities have died this year. But bear in mind that everyone dies. Sad as it is, death is unavoidable. And (what *really* boils my piss) is that over the last year most of the heartfelt eulogies I read on social media came from people who have hitherto never expressed the faintest interest in whichever celebrity it is that has croaked.

We spent an hour or so getting the living room tidied, then "Daddy’s Little Angel TM" and "Stormageddon - Bringer of Destruction TM" arrived (with Sid and Pogo) and we went round the park for a walk where we met "My Boy TM" and Rolo. We had quite a good walk with the entire family wolf-pack before coming home to find Sam and Charlie waiting for us.
Little Charlie had to go home to Folkestone, so I drove him back. Whilst out I popped into Tesco for some supplies, and then it was home for stout. You can’t go wrong with stout. There was only time for won pint, then it was roast dinner time. "er indoors TM" did a rather good dinner. And once entirely stuffed we spent the afternoon playing cards whilst the five dogs were amazingly well behaved. I must admit I was expecting mayhem with five dogs, but they were really well behaved.
All too soon the fruits of my loin had to go home. We don’t all get together that often, and when we do we make the most of it. But they both have little ones of their own to get to bed.

It didn’t take long to clear the carnage; we watched the second Christmas Bake-Off (which was good) and then five minutes of some supposedly sciencey-thing with Professor Brian Cox. It was dreadful; we turned off after ten minutes.

I’ve got guts ache again…

No comments:

Post a Comment