5 June 2016 (Sunday) - Vimto

I had an early night but didn't sleep well. I was plagued by nightmares in which I had been selected to organise the British geocaching swimming squad which would participate in the 2020 Olympic Games. Far from being an honour it was rather hard work because no one would swim in trackable swimming trunks. It was with something of a sense of relief that I woke when a wet nose was thrust into my armpit.

I was up at 5.30am, and over brekkie I watched an episode of "Upstairs Downstairs" in which Mrs Van Gruben was having a rather unhealthy relationship with young William.. Young William only appeared in the one episode, which was probably for the best. Not being able to get jiggy with young William, Emily did herself in at the end of that episode, and that sent Mrs Bridges round the twist.
As the episode ended (with Emily done in and Mrs Bridges round the twist) I spent a few minutes perusing the geo-map trying to work out where I might plot a series to go along with my August geo-meet. And then, pausing only briefly to dispose of the carcass of a dead fish I set off to work.

As I drove to work the pundits on the radio were interviewing some odd chap who was ranting that domestic cats are far more dangerous than sparrowhawks. I'd missed the first part of the interview; but it was clear this chap had an axe to grind. He seemed to have a rather high regard for sparrowhawks. Each to their own, I suppose.
And there was a lot of talk about how popular the soft drink Vimto is in the middle east, and how sales will go through the roof during the upcoming Ramadan. Personally I've never much liked the stuff. Apparently the stuff sold in the middle east is made to a different recipe so it tastes better...

I got to work and again spent quite a bit of time looking out the window. Yesterday was a rather grim day. Today was much better. I had a little sulk (but only a little one); several friends were hunting a geocache up a tree today. This tree climb would require ropes and harnesses and a lot of farting about.
I must admit that whilst this sort of thing is great fun when you are up the tree, it can become a little dull for the audience. And I'm not really of a ropes and harnesses physique any more.
Perhaps it was as well that I was at work...

I've worked for two days... I need some time off....


No comments:

Post a Comment