23 May 2016 (Monday) - Bruised Tum


My stomach muscles ached this morning; probably from where I fell through the second bridge yesterday. I can think of no other reason why I would have such an impressive bruise.



As my toast cooked I put some washing into the machine, and over brekkie I had a look-see on-line.

Yesterday "er indoors TM" posted one of the photos of yesterday's adventures onto the Facebook group "You Might Be a Geocacher if..." It was a picture of some of us waist deep in the water in the culvert. Some people were impressed, some were amazed. It rather niggled me that one twit announced that we were in a sewer and another thought we might contract polio from the Thames. Actually several people were rather negative in their comments. Mind you that Facebook group seems to attract those who feel that they lead a seriously crazy lifestyle by finding fifty film pots under a rock in less than a year....



While I waited for the washing machine to scrape the mud out of my trousers I spent a little while trying to solve geo-puzzles. Have you ever heard of a band from the fifties called "Frankie Lymon and the Teenagers"? No? - me neither. Which is probably why I struggled to solve the puzzles.



I didn't go to Canterbury for work today. I went elsewhere. Despite not having secured promotion at the interview of a couple of weeks ago I spent today at a course on "People Management". I won't dwell on it too much... 




The course finished a tad earlier than expected, and with a much shorter journey home than usual I was able to walk "Furry Face TM" round the park quite a bit earlier than I normally do. We did get caught in a downpour, but it stopped as quickly as it started so we just kept walking. Patagonian Tripe-Hounds don't seem bothered by the rain. As we walked we met some young joggers who were being shouted at by an older jogger. He looked like some sort of teacher; I thought it best not to get involved. We saw OrangeHead in the distance with a gaggle of cronies in tow; we kept away.



Once home I fannied around with laundry until "er indoors TM" came home. Socks to sort, and "Game of Thrones" will be on soon.... Normally I make all sorts of lewd comments about Nudey-Dragon-Girl's chest, but today I'm going to take a moral tone. After "Game of Thrones" I shall watch "Gotham". The girl in it who plays a young Catwoman had her birthday yesterday. She was seventeen and had a beach party. It was all over social media.

I would not have let my seventeen year old daughter post photographs of herself on Facebook with so little on. I used to tell her mates off for doing so...



No comments:

Post a Comment