23 November 2014 (Sunday) - Working

Not a bad night's sleep last night, but with an alarm set for 6am I was wide awake from 5am. I got up, had a shave, and watched "Dad's Army" (they don't like it up 'em) and then "Toddlers and Tiaras." All rather mindless viewing for silly o'clock on a Sunday morning.
I then had a little look on-line. Not much of note had happened overnight in cyberspace. I had a naive hope that there might be a new geocache going live on my way to work for which I might chase a First to Find. At 6.30am I had an email about a new geocache. To get to work I drive sixteen miles east; this new one was sixteen miles west. Then two other emails came in about new caches in Hastings and Dover. Oh well....

As I drove to work the Sunday morning radio was... difficult to describe. More religious and spiritual than on most days; I'd call it "all about Sunday Stuff". There was some crackpot proponent of some half-baked religion who was talking about one of many wars raging in the Middle East. I've mentioned before that here's always wars in the Middle East. This crackpot was wittering some frankly ludicrous theory that because wars in the Middle East are religious in nature then they are somehow acceptable. How does that work. Wars for territory or political reasons can usually be argued out reasonably. Religion is many things, but its very nature is beyond reason.
The next item had me baffled. The (heavily accented) speaker was wittering on about the proliferation of "footbags", and how so many people rely on them,. The suggestion that unscrupulous people take advantage of footbags was pooh-poohed as (apparently) most people feel shame when using a footbag. After ten minutes of being utterly confused I finally realised they were talking about "food banks".
You would think the BBC would employ radio presenters who could spead clear English, wouldn't you?

I got to work, did my bit, and spent much of the day looking out of the window at the torrential rain. I don't mind working at the weekends really; I really don't mind working at the weekends when the weather is bad.
The day soon passed, and I came home again. Even though it was 9pm next door was clanging on their piano. I've found that when I blow my sax they take the hint and shut up the piano. So I blasted away on the sax, and sure enough the piano quietened.
And then I fell asleep in front of the telly. Again...


No comments:

Post a Comment