11 May 2014 (Sunday) - Crockenhill

After a good night's sleep I woke shortly before 6am. Not bad really. Over brekkie I started watching something new I'd recorded: "Almost Human". I gave up after a few minuutes. I'd seen it all before; it was just yet another TV show about police. When will the makers of TV shows realise that there is more to the world than police.
So I watched another episode of "Game of Thrones"; for the first four episodes the fit blonde girlie had been getting her kit off. Not so any more. Just lately there has been a preponderence of choppers (of more than one sort).

And so off on a walk. I'm just getting the teensiest bit pissed off with people taking the piss of the walks I go on. Admittedly hunting plastic boxes with GPS equipment is hardly the worthiest pastime the human race has ever devised. But by the same token neither is sitting on one's arse shouting abuse at a TV screen broadcasting sporting activities which one is never going to attempt in real life; said sporting events featuring teams representing places hundreds of miles away.
I'm sorry - I'm getting just a little bit sensitive at the moment. Every pastime I take up (scouting, archery, geocaching, power kiting, writing, you name it) is fair game for ridicule, but when I say the slightest word against sitting on one's arse doing absolutely F! all with one's life people take bitter offence.

Our walk today was round Crockenhill in north Kent. Rather beautiful scenery, but close enough to London to see the Crystal Place radio mast, Canary Wharf and the Shard.
The walk was going to be a long one, so we made an early start. As we walked we met friendly lambs and over-familiar horses. The walk was billed as being seventeen miles; we did take a couple of diversions to pick up some challenge caches and we ended up with a total distance walked of just under twenty one miles over twelve hours. We left home hoping to a hundred cache finds; we got one hundred and eight. Not bad really.
I took a few photos whilst we were out.

After a quick cuppa (once we'd got home) I suddenly realised just how tired I felt. I wonder if I will be able to move in the morning...?

No comments:

Post a Comment