2 April 2012 (Monday) - Art


Yesterday I mentioned that the microwave had gone west; overnight it would seem to have been fixed. Either naturally, or through the intervention of magical pixies. Either explanation suits me, as long as the thing is fixed.

I retrieved one of my better paintings today: it wasn't wanted where it was so, in a fit of pique, I thought I'd have it back. It's quite a good painting, even if I do say so myself. It's sixteen by twenty inches; twenty five quid (or nearest offer).
I've (again) been told that I shouldn't sell my paintings so cheaply. Certainly there's no denying that the gallery in the building where the arky-ologee club meets has paintings which are nowhere near as good as mine (note the modesty!) up for sale at ten times what I charge. At the same time there's no denying that these same paintings have hung on those walls for a few years now. If my paintings really were worth that much, I can't help but feel that I'd be selling more of them. Perhaps I just haven't found the right opening to get to the paying public.

If any of my loyal readers might suggest a good way of exposing my merchandise to the punters (oo-er!), please do let me know.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment