18 March 2011 (Friday) - A Bit Dull...



Insomnia is something I’ve whinged about from time to time. Because I get it from time to time. Take today for example. I was wide awake at 2.30am, and lay awake until finally getting up at 6am. At 7am I was fast asleep in front of the telly and was woken to go to work, where I fell asleep in the rest room.

Work was dull. I skived out of a meeting, and read an email from my professional body. It too was rather dull, but it mentioned The Hidden Science Map: a map to tempt all scientists, engineers, technologists and mathematicians out of hiding to reveal how much science is out there in the UK.
I’ve signed up to the thing, but I don’t really know why, other than I do that sort of thing.
Talking of signing up for things, I’ve also signed up to Valued Opinions. A colleague recommended it, saying that he lies in the surveys he does for them and he gets free Amazon vouchers. I’ve asked for Tesco vouchers, and I’ll see what they ask before I decide to blatantly blag it. After all, if they are going to pay me, I’ll at least give them my honest opinion: it’s never been something I’ve tried to hide…

The original plan for the day had me chauffeuring girls here, there and thither, but such plans rarely reach fruition. I came home to find girls being coloured in, so I fell asleep again for an hour or so before delivering tattooed girl to Folkestone. A quick cuppa, home again and it was 9pm. Where had the day gone? A quick bit of tea, and then I sorted out the anti-virus on my new laptop. The thing came with one month’s free anti-virus, then it wanted me to pay for it. Stuff that. I uninstalled and replaced it with a free anti-virus.

All things considered, today was a tad dull…

No comments:

Post a Comment