3 January 2020 (Friday) - Up The Pub


I slept well; just lately I seem to be tired all of the time during the daytime, so a good bit of kip is always welcome.
Over toast I watched another episode of “Flowers” (which was rather odd) then I had a look at the Internet. Not a lot had happened overnight, but I had a message from the nice people at Munzee HQ. A couple of days ago I was invited to join a Munzee clan. I’m now in the “Cup of Horlicks Clan” and apparently a clan war is kicking off today. I have absolutely no idea what any of that means; I expect I’ll find out.

I took care to let sleeping dogs lie (literally) as I got dressed then set off to work. As I drove the pundits on the radio were talking about how the American military has "taken out" some prominent Iranian general. "Taken out" being the American term. "Brutally murdered" was the term used by the Iranian professor being interviewed on the matter.
Here we are in the third decade of the twenty-first century, and the world is still one big fight.
The "Thought for the Day" bit of the radio show made me laugh. Some religious type was talking about the fires in Australia. They are rather horrendous, but this superstitious idiot as using them as a metaphor to illustrate her point. Her point being that everything good in the world is a direct act of her God, whereas everything bad is either pot luck or due to humans.
An odd viewpoint, but one which has been used by religion for centuries. It never fails to amaze me how many people go with this view of the world. You find ten pence - thank you God. You tread in a dog turd - these things just happen...

I got some petrol, then went on to Aldi where their centre aisles were something of a disappointment today. Usually there are all sorts of wonders to be had; today it was all sporting clothes and equipment. Perhaps they are looking to the "get fit" New Year's resolutions.
They won't get much mileage out of me on that front.
Mind you I got myself a new sandwich box. My old one must be five years old and has been quite seriously chewed by dogs over that time.

I did my bit at work and came home. "er indoors TM" had walked the dogs by the time I got home, and with them settled we went up to the local Wetherspoons for a post -Christmas catch-up with friends. It was good to chat over a pint or two.
Next time we’ll go somewhere where the beer isn’t sour…

No comments:

Post a Comment