15 September 2013 (Sunday) - Fence Fixing

Despite a late night I was awake at 7am this morning. Last night when we got home my phone had had a fit. The battery had gone doolally and despite a new geocache having gone live a mile away, my phone wouldn't have it. Over brekie another cache went live in Folkestone so with nothing else on the aganda for a couple of hours I thought I'd give the phone a field trial. It worked OK - and I got an FTF. Can't be bad. Mind you it still refuses to find that cache near the cinema. I wonder what that is all about.

With an hour or so suitably wasted I popped round to collect "My Boy TM" who had offered to assist today. He had gone out. So I collected the barby from his garden, then went to Asda to collect barby food. Asda was very stressful for me. There wasn't a single person watching where they were going, and I lost count of the amount of people who bounced off of my shopping trolley. And I forgot to get milk or the makings of tomorrow's lunch.

Home, where I made a start. Regular readers of this drivel may recall that the garden fence was knacked. "Furry Face TM" had escaped several times though a hole. I made a start on making the fence good. I cleared stones out of the way and pulled membrane back just before Lisa and Earle arrived. Earle and I had the old fence panels out just as "My Boy TM" and Cheryl arrived. In the past "My Boy TM" and I have bodged the garden togther. It made a real difference having someone along who actually knew what they were doing. Under supervision we got post holes dug, and leaving Earle to do groundwork we went round to B&Q to buy the wrong cement. I then went back to B&Q with Earle to get the right stuff. They didn't have the right stuff, so we ended up bodging the old fence into place as a temporary fix until we can get the right ingredients in the week.

Lisa then got the barby going and we had sossies and ribs and lager until mid-afternoon when everyone set off on their various missions.

I put the lead on to "Furry Face TM" and took him for a walk. Only a small walk. We would have goine much further, but it started raining so I came home, er indoors TM" arrived home from flogging candles, and we sat in front on the telly and dozed through episodes of "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo". Sugar Bear was on his best behaviour; wearing a shirt and eating his dinner off of a plate. This program has to be made up; people can't really live like Mumma June and Sugar Bear, can they?

In the meantime following on from my lap-top's little incident of a few days ago I set the thing having a full system scan. It told me it might take a few hours...

No comments:

Post a Comment