12 September 2013 (Thursday) - Dinosaurs, Vets...

I had a reasonable night’s sleep for once. I usually do when I have nothing planned for the morning. Over a spot of brekkie I saw that a new cache had gone live overnight some two miles away, so with little else to do I sped out in pursuit of an FTF. I failed. Again. I found what looked like the obvious spot, but no joy.

I came home, collected "Furry Face TM" and took him for a walk. As we went through the park I met up with a caching pal, and we chatted for a while. I was rather pleased that I had to put my dog on a lead; he’s getting back to his spirited self.
Whilst we were out I found myself rummaging in ivy in pursuit of plastic. And amazingly I found what I had thought was going to be challenging in less than a minute.

We came home, and over a spot of lunch I watched a film I’d recorded. “Neds” looked like it was going to be good. It wasn’t. Set in Glasgow the film needed subtitles to understand most of the dialogue, and the film got worse as it went on; ending with the hero being bashed up by Jesus who had climbed off of the cross specially. I then did on-line dinosaur lectures for an hour or so before scoring full marks in this week’s test. Did you know that dinosaurs probably had feathers.

Cheryl and Lacey called round and we went to the costume hire shop. I look the business in my suit; I won’t go into too many details – suffice it to say that I will touch on the costume in a future entry. And then we took Fudge to the vets. We completed the paperwork for the bills we incurred last week, and pup had his annual injections. The vet was especially pleased to see Fudge. As he said, he only gets to see animals when they are ill or for injections. Having seen how ill he was last week the vet was really pleased to see the improvement in him over the last week.
Fudge had his injection and didn’t bat an eyelid.

I ran Cheryl and Lacey home. In retrospect I sould have collected the barby whilst I was there. I didn't. Instead I came home for domestic trivia. Ironing, hoovering, washing up. And then er indoors TM" came home and boiled up a rather dcent bit of scran. She does that. We scoffed it whilst watching "The King's Speech" - which was rather better than "Neds"...

No comments:

Post a Comment