18 October 2018 (Thursday) - School's Out


Over brekkie I started watching season five of “The Last Ship”. The first season was very good. The second wasn’t too bad. I watched the third and fourth purely out of a sense of duty having watched the first two. I gave today’s episode five minutes then turned it off. It was rubbish. The basic premise of the show is that patriotic flag-waving Americans are saving the world from mad foreigners who are hell-bent on world domination. The mad foreigners in the show are hell-bent on world domination for two very good reasons. Firstly they are foreigners, and secondly they are mad.

I sparked up my lap-top and had a look-see at the Internet. Last night I’d had a bit of a rant on there. With Remembrance Day coming up I was already rather fed up with seeing all the lies about poppies being banned. It amazes me how people are so quick to believe this crap especially when it takes less than ten seconds to find reliable evidence to show it is all crap. Overnight no end of people had clicked the “like” button on my little rant.
I had an email suggesting I apply for jobs in central London and Redhill, and The Kent Wildlife Trust had emailed to tell me all about the recent re-introduction of beavers into Kent, and also to ask me for more money. (Presumably for the beavers)
I’d also got a message about that geocache up a tree from the chap who’d hidden it. He said that as I’d got that close I could log it as found, but I’ve declined his kind offer. I’m going to go back with a climbing strap and do it properly, and then do the wading cache just up the lane. If any of my loyal readers fancy a day of rather adventurous (or just plain daft) hunting Tupperware…

I left for work rather early this morning bearing in mind the chaos that has been reported about the M20 motorway in recent days. The motorway was bad; it took over an hour to get to work.
As I drove the pundits on the radio were discussing the ongoing Brexit negotiations. I say "negotiations" - the UK government don't want a border in the Irish Sea and *won't* have a border at the north-south Irish border. But rules is rules - there must be a border somewhere. After all, the whole point of Brexit was to have borders, wasn't it?
The EU have offered to prolong negotiations by up to a year. That has gone down like a lead balloon with those who we all knew wouldn't like it.
And so the debacle continues... No one thought this through, did they?
There are those who say they don't like or understand politics. To them I'd say give it a go. It would be hilarious if it wasn't tragic.

I got to work and found I have a new colleague. Another person has joined us from "where I used to work". Since I started in Maidstone nearly two years ago there's been a few people following me. Am I a trend-setter?
I did my bit; it wasn't a bad day. We had cake. Bearing in mind I'm off on holiday tomorrow, today had something of an "end of term" feel for me.

With “term ended” I came home. I walked the hounds round the block and did some packing. I chucked some spare pants and some dog food into a suitcase, I programmed “Hannah” and that should do.

Over dinner we watched the first episode of the new (and supposedly last) season of “The Big Bang Theory”. I didn’t turn this off after five minutes…

There will probably be a few days’ delay before I get chance to update this drivel again….

No comments:

Post a Comment