15 March 2018 (Thursday) - After the Night Shift

When I took over from the late shift last night I heard something which made me smile. People have been talking about me at work. When I was working week day shifts I had my shirts on. When working nights and weekends I wear polo shirts which are short sleeved. With these my tattoos are visible.
Apparently not only am I the most tattooed person in the department, I am also the person least expected to have tattoos. Despite one of the busiest night shifts ever, I chuckled for much of the night shift on hearing that.
And again, like yesterday, the early shift was stuck in traffic and I was late getting out.

Last night on the way in to work I hid a puzzle geocache. I drove home past the thing this morning in the hope of seeing someone going to find it. As I drove past I saw someone loitering around it in a very suspicious way. I considered stopping for a chat, but I didn’t recognize them and the rain was heavy so I kept going.
As I drove the pundits on the radio were all atwitter about the recent death of Russians in the UK.  From what I can work out it looks like the Russian government arranged to have someone murdered in Salisbury. For all that the world is condemning Russia, it doesn’t look like the Russians care.

I got home and decided we wouldn’t go for a walk. Fudge decided differently. When I come home he just shouts at me until we go out. He was rather noisy this morning, so we went for a walk.
Bearing in mind that Bowens Field was a swamp yesterday and it has been raining, we walked a different way. Going into the park through the bottom rather than through the top meant I could have a look-see at one of my geocaches that had been reported to be missing. I originally put the thing out over five years ago; it was a little tube hanging (rather obviously) in a tree. I saw *was*; it had gone. I thought about replacing it but the thing had run its course; only half a dozen finds last year; everyone who was going to look for it had already done so. I created a whole new listing on geocaching dot com. I wish more people would do that rather than slowly strangling the hobby by keeping alive film pots under rocks that everyone has found years ago.

As we walked across the park so my shoes leaked and the rain started again. We were all rather wet and grungy by the time we got home. Mind you, Treacle has learned something. On the last few walks round the park we’ve got so grubby that the dogs have needed their bellies hosing off. Today when we got home Treacle went straight to the bathroom and jumped in the bath to be washed.
I hoiked Fudge in with her, scrubbed the dogs, then scrubbed myself and took myself off to bed.

After two night shifts I was hoping for a decent kip; I got two hours before fudge started barking at shadows. Having been woken I couldn’t get back to sleep. I had some toast, then did the ironing whilst watching the first episode of Altered Carbon. I’d heard good things about this show, but I’d been misled. It was yet another “whodunnit” police show. With the first episode watched I deleted it from my “continue watching” list. I shan’t bother with any more of that show.
Instead I started re-watching “Star Trek: Discovery”.

"er indoors TM" came home and boiled up some rather good scran. We scoffed it whilst catching up wth episodes of the current series of “Benidorm”. The Chuckle Brothers appeared in one of the episodes. I thought they’d retired years ago…

I expect I shall nod off soon…

No comments:

Post a Comment