23 November 2020 (Monday) - Before the Late Shift

I slept well but was still awake before dawn. I got up and as I shaved I saw it was getting light outside. Bearing in mind all the normal people that had been swarming round the woods on Saturday I thought an early start might be in order today. I woke those dogs who would be up for a walk, and we drove down to Orlestone Woods. We arrived to find only one other car in the car park. There was quite a bit of littler there though. There is someone who gets McDonalds from the drive-through (presumably), eats it in the car park at Orlestone, and throws the rubbish out the car window when they are done. I wish they wouldn’t. There were also a few empty cider cans too.

We ignored the litter (next time we should take a bin bag) and had a good walk. On Saturday we had been plagued by normal people demanding that the dogs should have been on their leads (it’s the law!!!). Today we went all the way round the woods off of the leads. We had a great time. We made two action videos (whistle training and ditch jumping), we barked at squirrels and also barked at absolutely nothing at all. As we walked we only met one other group – the little old lady with her giant poodle and Jack Russell. We chatted for a few moments. She too has met the normal people who plague the woods later in the day. She smiled as she said that was the reason why she goes out so early (like we do).

 

As we drove home the pundits on the radio were talking about the demise of Donald Trump. It was hinted that perhaps the reason why he’s so slow to implement COVID-19 precautions in America is a subconscious way of punishing the electorate for not voting him back in. That seemed a rather worrying perspective.

 

Once home I made some toast and sparked up the lap-top. I’d taken a few photos while we walked. Posting them to Facebook took some doing, but eventually I managed it. I sent out some birthday wishes, and then rolled my eyes at what I read on the Geocaching UK page. Someone had lost a camera and was asking for people to look out for it. Rather than just saying “OK”, there were those that were taking the opportunity to whinge about how anyone could be so careless as to lose a camera. Some people only want to argue… interestingly one of those was someone who was recently banned from one of the Kent geocaching pages. Do these people learn nothing?

Resisting the temptation to tall the squabblers to get knotted I then did a little CPD. That CPD blog gets an amazing amount of views bearing in mind it is incredibly dull. What’s the attraction?

 

With a little time to spare I popped to Sainsburys. My car windows were a tad grubby and I thought I'd get something to clean them up a bit.

Sainsburys was heaving; hundreds of people with not one looking where they were going. There were quite a few small children too. Shouldn't they have been at school?

I got sandwiches for dinner, I got beer and wine for Christmas... I totally forgot to get anything for cleaning the car's windows. And as is so often the way when on the late shift, pretty much everything of note in my life today was over and done with by mid day.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment