30 November 2020 (Monday) - Dull Day

I slept like a log (which was a result). As I scoffed a bowl of granola I watched another episode of “People Just Do Nothing” in which our heroes went to Ipswich and found they didn’t need passports, but did come home with jet lag.

 

For once nothing had happened on Facebook overnight (which was something of a disappointment) so I set off. It was rather foggy as I went to find my car this morning. More and more I've been feeling the urge to move house; having somewhere to park the car more conveniently is only one reason why I want to move.

 

As I drove the pundit on the radio were talking about the forthcoming end of lockdown II. Coronavirus infections in England have fallen by about a third during lockdown II. They will probably soon rocket though as it seems that overwhelming numbers of people aren't happy about the COVID-19 tier to which their neighbourhood has been allocated and intend to ignore the rules and restrictions. It is a sad indictment of our society that most people seem to think that failing their GCSEs and listening to "Karen from Facebook" has given them a far better understanding of epidemiology and virology than years of post-graduate study might have done.

There was also talk about how farming subsidies will be handed out in the post-Brexit world.  Rather than being paid not to produce milk, meat animals or crops, the new system, "Environmental Land Management" will pay farmers if they prevent floods, plant woods and help wildlife. So much for actual farming, eh?

And there was talk of how a government minster announced that the Lurpak butter factory was moving to the post-Brexit UK only to have the boss of Lurpak contradict him. Woops!

 

I got to work and did my thing. As I did I peered out of the window from time to time. The fog made today a rather glum grey one, and (adding that to the ongoing COVID-19 restrictions) today was probably best spent at work. During tea and lunch breaks I found myself exchanging messages with "Daddy’s Little Angel TM" who has decided to construct a fire pit in the garden that she hopes (one day soon) to acquire. It has been my experience that the novelty quickly wears off of anything which is both (or either) garden-based and fire-related. But planning one is keeping her out of trouble, and that is never a bad thing.

 

I came home, and together with "er indoors TM" we delivered "My Boy TM"’s advent calendar. I get to start opening mine tomorrow. I understand that quite a few people are looking forward to seeing it appear (in instalments) on Facebook. I hope they aren’t disappointed…

No comments:

Post a Comment