22 November 2020 (Sunday) - Early Shift

The dogs were still last night for which I was grateful, but I woke twice with the most intense headaches. What was that all about?

I made some toast whilst Sid snored, and leaving him snoring I scoffed it whilst watching another episode of "People Just Do Nothing". I do like the show if for no other reason that it really does capture the essence of how thick people don't realise they are thick.

Talking of which I then sparked up my lap-top and using herculean restraint I stopped myself commenting to a post I'd read on Facebook. A friend was saying that she can't wait to get the COVID-19 vaccine. A friend of hers was advising against taking the vaccine. She'd "done research" which showed the vaccines weren't safe. Don't you just love all the "Karen"s on Facebook who honestly do think that in misunderstanding something they've read on a crackpot conspiracy theory page on the Internet they suddenly know far more than experts who teach at PhD level. It really is the Dunning Kruger effect in action.

It would be funny if they weren't actually endangering people's lives.

 

I went out to find my car; it was only three streets away. Today there was no ice to scrape - it was ten degrees warmer this morning than it had been at the same time on Friday morning. I took a little detour to Stanhope before going to the motorway. There was a geocache there and seeing how I'd not logged a find for a couple of weeks I thought I'd better break the slump. There are those who would just fabricate the dates, but I don't like to do that (even though no one else would ever know).

I then set off up the motorway. As always the talk on the radio was of a religious nature. The Archbishop of Canterbury is to take a six-month holiday next year. The Archbishop of York and the Bishop of London will step into the breach for any emergencies that might pop up during that time. I must admit that I'm rather vague as to what the Archbishop of Canterbury actually does that he might need a stunt double for. All I know of the chap is that which Viz magazine takes the piss out of. I expect we will all find out what he does when he isn't there (wherever "there" is) to do it next year.

There was also a lot of talk about the "Muslim Pro" app that you can get for your phone. It translates the Koran into whatever language you want, tells you where Mecca is, and allegedly sells your data to the US military. Leaving aside that I was once told that the Koran shouldn't be translated and should be read in the original Arabic (is that really true?) don't the manufacturers of all apps sell data? Is the BBC just trying to stir it because the word "Muslim" was mentioned? They seem to have a history of doing that.

There was also some frankly ridiculous drivel about since following Brexit the regulations over the welfare of the country's farm animals are now the sole responsibility of the government, and something has been overlooked. The argument went along the lines of because it says in the Bible that all creation worships God, farm animals shouldn't be distracted from their primary pastime of praising the Almighty. Consequently the government should ensure that the animal's welfare is protected to that they can concentrate on saying their prayers. I must admit that when not locked down I spend a lot of time walking in the countryside and I've yet to see a particularly pious pig or any reverent cows or devout horses. Perhaps the European regulations prevented the livestock from being as devout as God intended? Perhaps now they can pursue a life of holiness?

 

I got to work and had a rather busy shift. As I sat down at one point I felt a little chilly "down below". Somehow or other I'd ripped the arse out of my trousers. Just as well I wear a white coat, isn't it?

Pausing only briefly for petrol I came home. "er indoors TM" had gone to visit relatives and so the dogs were excited to see me. The excitement lasted for less than five minutes and they all went back to sleep, and so did I.

"er indoors TM" came home and we all woke up. She boiled up a rather good roast dinner which we scoffed whilst watching an episode of “Taskmaster”. We had intended to watch an episode of “The Crown” but we couldn’t. It would seem that Netflix have changed the rules so that only two people can watch at once, and the fruits of my loin had beaten me to it. I might need to upgrade that…

No comments:

Post a Comment