10 January 2014 (Friday) - Tomorrow People

Over brekkie (shared with my dog) I watched the first episode of the re-vamped "The Tomorrow People". The original TV series was something that I loved as a child in the 1970s. It was brought back to our screens about twenty years ago and was rather awful; and it's been done again by an American company as a far more adult-based show. I actually quite liked it; there are a *lot* of nods to the original series, and I'm reliably informed that some of the original cast are going to make cameo appearances.
However... (and there is always a "however" in my world) in many ways it may well end up as just another story about superheroes trying to fit into a "normal" world; a story which was original in 1975, but now has been done to death by shows such as "X-Men", "The 4400", "Lois and Clark", "No Ordinary Family" and countless other shows.

Once I'd scraped the ice from my car I set off to work. Today the talk on the radio was all about a possible referendum for the UK's continued membership of the European Union. One of the senior Euro-crats was calling for the British media to start gving a fair coverage to all things euro-related.
I think the lady might have a point. the BBC is hardly impartial; after all I cannot remember the last time they said anything positive about Islam, to give but one example of the media's bias.
After the current affairs program was "Desert Island Discs". And unlike the show's standard way of operating, tehy had someone interesting on the show; the well-know survivalist Ray Mears. Listening to him was rather interesting.

I filled the car with petrol, and finally I've accrued enough Morrisons petrol points to get a money-off voucher. it was only worth a fiver, but that is a fiver of my money that I won't have to squander on squirting my armpits.
And as I had a few minutes before work I went round to the cheapo-bargains shop. For some time I've been looking for a USB phone charger that I can plug into my car's cigarette lighter. Today the cheapo-bargains shop had some. Result !

And then to work, and very little of note happened from then onward....


No comments:

Post a Comment