29 May 2019 (Wednesday) - Bit Dull


Over brekkie I watched the third episode of “Bonding”. It was rather good.
I then sparked up my lap-top for a quick look to see what I’d missed on the Internet overnight. Last Friday I’d rated a bottle of wine on Vivino as being “better than a kick up the arse”. Overnight someone had posted that they liked my review. I see that as something of a result. Mind you, other than that, pretty much nothing else had happened on-line overnight. So I got dressed and set off for work a little earlier than usual.

I got to the petrol station to find that power had been restored (after yesterday's debacle). I got myself sixty quid's worth of the stuff and went to pay... What is it with the people behind the counters in petrol stations? This one was so busy giving the "get *it* here" at the workmen loitering round the coffee machine that she didn't actually bother speaking to me *at all* as I paid for my petrol.
You'd think that with so many petrol stations round Ashford she could at least have managed to grunt at me before I start taking my money elsewhere?

I then set off to Pembury listening to the news as I drove. The pundits on the radio were talking about the aftermath of last week's European elections. It would seem that the election has resulted in quite a serious shake-up to the European political position. France and Germany are squabbling over who will get the number one job, and what with the entire European political structure up in the air it would seem that no one has any time for the British in-fighting. Apparently European leaders are now just rolling their eyes when questioned by British journalists. Generations yet unborn will look back on these days as some of the most momentous in British and European history, but certainly for me it is all getting a tad tedious.

I got to work, I did my thing. I came home through rather heavy rain. "er indoors TM" boiled up a rather good dinner which we scoffed whilst watching the last every episode of “Big Bang Theory”. We’d recorded it some time ago but only just got round to watching it. It was… OK. It was a good end to the show, but I wonder if the program didn’t run for several years longer than it might have done?

Today was rather dull…

No comments:

Post a Comment