1 October 2015 (Thursday) - Stuff

After another restless night I got up to find my little dog still snoring. As I was boiling up some toast he leapt up and charged to the back door demanding to be let out. He then flew round the back garden woofing like a thing possessed. I wonder what that was all about.
I didn't bother switching on the telly this morning. There is only so much "Toddlers and Tiaras" that one's nerves can stand. Instead I had a litttle look-see on social media. Some friends had been scoffing choccies, some were whinging about the neighbour's children. One had swatted a fly and photographed its eyes, and another had had her foot tattooed. There are those who loudlly decry Facebook. I think it is a wonderful way to keep in touch. But then again I am a very nosey person...

I set off to work and was a bit miffed to find several vacant parking spots outside the house. Last night when I came home I'd had to park three streets away.
I went to work via Godington Park for geo-purposes. As I drove to work the pundits were talking about the use of antibiotics in hospitals. The bloke speaking was obviously supposed to be an expert. He suggested that rather than doctors just randomly prescribing any old antibiotic, perhaps medical laboratories might start doing some tests to see which antibiotic would work on which specific germs any given patient has got. A sensible recommendation. It was a shame that this bloke clearly had no idea what he was talking about as this has been going on for years. It was already well established standard practice when I first started doing it myself in 1981.
Where do they get these so-called experts from?

And there was an interview with some woman surgeon who claimed she was the victim of sexual discrimination at work. Perhaps she was, perhaps she wasn't. I don't know.
However it does seem that I'm hearing about a lot of aggressive women playing the sexual discrimination card in all walks of life at the moment. And usually five minutes after their rant another woman in pretty much the same situation (except they are approachable rather than confrontational) turns up and says they have no problems in whichever situation is being discussed.

Pausing only briefly not to run over the sheep running wild on the main road just outside Canterbury I was soon at work. We had quite a busy day, including a case of malaria. (That is something we don't see anywhere near as often as once we did)

An early start made for an early finish, and once home I took "Furry Face TM" up to the Post Office. We had a parcel to collect. The "charming fellow" behind the counter made it quite plain he was in no mood to do anything helpful, and suggested I might come back tomorrow when there might be someone there who could be more inclined to get off their arse and go and get my parcel.
So we came home again. I would formally complain, but it would acheive nothing positive, and just ensure I never receive a parcel ever again.

We had a rather good bit of scoff for tea, then caught up on watching episodes of Downton Abbey. Goood stuff. If only I could remember what had happened in the last season of that show...

No comments:

Post a Comment