5 March 2023 (Sunday) - Before The Night Shift

Another night with a bed full of dogs… Whilst perhaps not the best night’s sleep, it wasn’t the worst though. I eventually woke after a half-way decent nine hours sleep with a backache. If I can stay asleep long enough I usually wake with a backache.
Leaving “er indoors TM and the dogs asleep I got up, made toast and had a look at the Internet in the desperate hope that it was worth looking at. The first think I saw was that I’d been asked to sign a petition. Did you know that we pay VAT on dog food and vet bills, but the sort of people who eat caviar don’t pay any VAT on it. Am I being overly cynical in thinking that is because the sort of people who eat caviar vote for our conservative government, and this is (in some small way) a vote-winner?
There’s a petition about the matter you can sign here.
I’ve signed it… but I wonder how much good it will do. I’m not running the organiser (Dogs Trust) down, but back in the day when “Daddy’s Little Angel TM” was running a shop she offered to have one of their collecting tins on the counter… they never took up the offer. And before that, the Dogs Trust flatly refused to allow a collecting tin in a local pet shop whilst welcoming them in tattoo studios.
 
I spent an hour working on putting hints into a Wherigo cartridge, then we took the dogs for a walk. Somewhere different today – from Eureka Park up to Sandyhurst Lane. The dogs had a good run, we avoided pretty much al of the normal people.. and we found a geocache too. Result.
We came home and spent half an hour playing Lego. I made the set I got for my birthday; “er indoors TM made the Lego flowers she’d got for Christmas.
 
“er indoors TM then went off to visit “Daddy’s Little Angel TM”, “Stormageddon – Bringer of Destruction TMand  Darcie Waa Waa TM. I went to bed for the afternoon, but again the dogs huddled up to me and the four of us  had a quarter of the bed whilst the bit that “er indoors TM lies in remained sacrosanct.
 
“er indoors TM is boiling up dinner, then I’m off to the night shift. I can’t pretend I’m overly keen on them… but I do resent doing them on a weekend day. Perhaps I should jack it all in and retire?

No comments:

Post a Comment