13 March 2023 (Monday) - Week Off Work... Day 1


The puppies were restless last night, which was a shame. On the one hand now that they are big enough to come upstairs all night I worry about them a lot less. On the other hand they do fidget a lot.
I got up at half past six, made toast and watched a little bit of Downton Abbey before sparking up the lap-top. Not much had happened overnight, so I cracked on with my latest Wheri-project.
 
When “er indoors TM and the dogs surfaced I went down the road to the dentist. When I had a check-up a week or so ago the chap said he would repair my chipped tooth. After a little wait I was soon in the chair staring at the dental floodlight thingy… which was so obviously bodged together with sticky tape.
The dentist did his thing, and I was soon on my way back home. Leaving “er indoors TM working I took the dogs up to an incredibly windy Kings Wood where we walked a rather long walk (about double our usual walk). As we went Bailey got through a dog-proof fence to chase pheasants, but soon came back to the sound of the whistle. And shortly after that all three (together with two dogs of passing normal people) set off in hot pursuit of a herd of deer. Again I blasted on the whistle; my three and the two dogs of the normal people came sprinting back to me. The normal people were suitably impressed… as was I.
As we walked the woods on 22 February we found a portaloo two miles from the nearest car park. As we walked past it today someone had pushed it over. I sighed… who would be so feeble-minded as to do that?
The woods were muddy though. I nearly went arse over tit several times, and the dogs needed a serious scrub on our return. Though it didn’t help that Treacle insisted on wading through the mire at every opportunity.
 
With dogs scrubbed they were soon all snoring, and what I thought would be a two minutes job on the lap-top took pretty much all afternoon. I interspersed it with dull laundry.
“er indoors TM then went to bowling rather earlier than usual. Seeing the dogs showing no signs of stirring I watched more “Downton Abbey” until she returned.
 

I feel a bit tired… perhaps we won’t walk quite so far tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment