19 March 2023 (Sunday) - Mother's Day

After a good night’s sleep I made toast and scoffed it all whilst waiting for my lap-top to actually get to a state in which I could do something with it. I’m sure that during the fifteen minutes it takes to sort itself out it is probably doing all sorts of amazing things behind the scenes, but whilst it does that it isn’t actually any use to me during that time.
Eventually it started working and (understandably) my Facebook feed was full of Mothers’ Day stuff. In years gone by, today would have been a sixty-mile round trip to Hastings to see my mum… I can’t pretend I was ever the devoted son, but I still miss her.
 
I spent a couple of hours working on my next Wherigo project whilst the puppies kept jumping up. “er indoors TM claimed it was because they wanted to see me; I’m not convinced that they weren’t deliberately trying to get tangled in the cables charging my lap-top and my phone.
 
With the dogs settled we drove down to Folkestone where “Daddy’s Little Angel TM” had cooked a Sunday lunch for Mother’s Day. Whilst dinner cooked I sat with “Stormageddon – Bringer of Destruction TMand he played video games at me. One of them was a pandemic simulator in which you chose your disease, and watched it take over the world. Some might think it in bad taste; I thought it a good way to teach epidemiology. Meanwhile “Darcie Waa Waa TM ran riot. Not only is she now crawling, she is also standing up and toddling round holding on to furniture. And telling Pogo off too.
Stormageddon – Bringer of Destruction TM was rather subdued as he played video games. He didn’t want any dinner, and just before we left, he blew. That’s two days off school for him; in the new world order no child is allowed at school until two days have passed since they last threw up.
 
We came home; I spent a couple more hours working on my next Wherigo project. It’s a sort of Dungeons and Dragons - Game of Thrones thing. So far it seems to be coming along OK. But there’s no denying the software for making it is hard work. Many years ago the nice people at geocaching dot com had a brilliant idea to create Wherigo… then a little while later they stopped supporting it. Such a shame.
 
Having had a rather good dinner earlier we had lemon merengue pie for tea whilst we watched the semi-final of ”Lego Masters: Australia”. Bearing in mind how long it took to make a rather small Bonsai tree yesterday, what the contestants did in twelve hours was rather impressive.
 
I’ve had a good week off of work… back to the grind tomorrow…

No comments:

Post a Comment