26 March 2023 (Sunday) - Spring Forward

What with being rather knackered and clocks going forward, I slept through till ten o’clock this morning. When I got up “er indoors TM told me that she hadn’t been able to get the dogs to go into the garden this morning. Seeing the rain I felt sorry for them, but rather a wet dog than a wet floor. However they do seem more inclined to go out in the rain when someone goes with them. So I went with them. We didn’t have to be out there long, but whilst we were there I had a dung harvest. Better to get that stuff gathered up before it gets torrentially rained upon.
There are those among my loyal readers who might shout “too much detail”; but I would say that this is one of the more important details if anyone is considering taking on a dog. Or three.
 
I didn’t really fancy a Slimfast shake this morning. I went Old Skool and had toast instead which I scoffed whilst having my morning’s rummage round the Internet. There was quite a squabble happening on one of the Lego-related Facebook pages. Someone was trying to get a bargain on second-hand Lego and was finding the stuff was nowhere near as cheap as he might have hoped. Sadly (for those who want a bargain) as an investment Lego is better than gold, and so it ain’t going to be cheap.
I also saw a new geocache had gone live locally. A challenge cache. In order to qualify for the challenge you have to have found (at least) one geocache which had been hidden in each month since January 2002. I was surprised to see that I didn’t qualify for this Jasmer challenge (as it is called) as my Jasmer grid was missing finds on geocaches hidden in December 2021, November 2022 and January 2023. I thought I’d got this challenge done. Some years ago (1 August 2016) Fudge and I went on a major road trip to the New Forest and back finding seven really old geocaches over the course of one day to complete the Jasmer challenge (as far as it can be completed within a few hundred miles of home on mainland UK). Obviously I’ve let this slip.
There’s a little project for the next few weeks.
 
I looked out of the window at the rain which was not quite as bad as it had been earlier. The weather yesterday had been glorious as I’d been at work. Today it was on the damp side.
But rain is for wimps. I put shirts into the washing machine, and leaving “er indoors TM to her candlemonger mates I took the dogs out. For a change we went to Great Chart. One of our standard shorter winter walks is from the cricket green up to the river and back, and that is what we did today. As always when we got to the river Treacle got incredibly over-excited and squeaked like a thing possessed. That is her way of asking for stones to be thrown into the river. She then swims out to the splash and swims back again for more stones to be thrown. As she swam to and fro, the puppies looked on in frank amazement.
Despite this being one of our standard winter walks, the dogs came home filthy. We had a good scrub, and as they snored I ironed shirts.
 
What with the clocks having gone forward and having had a lie-in, time was running away from me,and I was getting hungry. I had this plan to fry up yesterday’s left-over kebab for lunch. Once I figured out how to work the hob (it took some working out!) I had a good bit of scoff which I devoured whilst watching an episode of “Downton Abbey” in which everyone now feels sorry for Thomas (who was very much the villain of the piece not so long ago).
I then spent two more hours on my Wherigo project and got the thing ready for a final test.
However I’d had enough by then and so put off the final test, and looked at the monthly accounts instead. Not as good as I’d like them to be (is it wrong to want to have far too much money?) but certainly not as bad as they have been in the past.
 
“er indoors TM came home. As she set about boiling up dinner so I ran my Wherigo project through its final test… I say “final test”; it worked without crashing but I found several problems and mistakes in it. So as “er indoors TM boiled dinner I put right that which I’d stuffed up.
Dinner was rather good. We washed it down with a bottle of Shiraz whilst watching more “Lego Masters: Australia”.
Bearing in mind the lie-in I had, and the fact I’ve not really done anything today, I’m worn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment