21 March 2023 (Tuesday) - Before the Night Shift

My aching neck was rather painful as I tried to sleep last night. I was woken by the sound of “er indoors TM getting up. She’d heard Morgan getting up, but hadn’t been quick enough, and there was a turd by the back door. At least he’s making the effort to get out.
I cracked open a Slimfast shake and had a look at the Internet. My lap-top booted up quite promptly this morning, and I saw the local Facebook group featured an article from Kent Online by the Mayor of Ashford who was whinging about the traffic going far too fast down Beaver Road. I rolled my eyes. If the Mayor can do nothing but whinge on-line, what hope for the rest of us? And how can traffic go far too fast down Beaver Road anyway? The road is constantly gridlocked at the Prince’s shop where the road narrows and no one is prepared to give way.
I sent out a birthday wish, and got dressed.
 
Despite the drizzle I loaded the dogs into the boot of the car and headed off to Kings Wood. As we drove the pundits on the radio drivelled on. Some days what they say is interesting and insightful; today they were clearly desperately trying to fill the air-time.
We got to the woods and despite being overcast the drizzle had stopped. We set off on a little wander. I wanted to get GPS co-ordinates for my current Wherigo project, and the dogs needed a walk anyway. As we went we played with spaniels and dalmatians, and chased pheasants and crows. I got my GPS co-ordinates and whilst we were at it I got final locations for three more Wherigos.
As we got back to the car I got a whiff of a familiar smell… Bailey who is supposed to be mostly white was mostly a sandy brown colour. She’d been rolling in fox poo.
 
We drove home. Kings wood is high. As we drove down so the rain started; quite heavy rain. Had we been above it at the woods? I’ve noticed that before.
Once home we went straight to the bathroom where all the dogs got scrubbed. I put a load of laundry in to scrub, and we all settled on the sofa. After a Christmas episode of “Downton Abbey” had played I hung the washing out, then took myself off to bed for the afternoon. The dogs flew up the stairs with me. They are funny – when “er indoors TM is home they sit and watch me go to bed; preferring to sit with her. They make no secret as to who is their favourite.
 
I slept well, but jumped up when I heard Morgan jump off of the bed. I hurried after him, but was too late. He’d been taken short. But he’d tried to get out and had a little accident by the back door.
Ten minutes later he started making heaving sounds. I chivvied him outside where he threw up a turd. He’d tried to clear up after himself. (Who’d have dogs?)
 
I spent a couple of hours working on my next Wherigo project. Two hours of fiddling about created two minutes of game play.
“er indoors TM has just come home. Hopefully she’ll do me some dinner before I head off to the night shift…

No comments:

Post a Comment