12 March 2023 (Sunday) - Rather Busy

With no alarm set I slept like a log last night. I woke just as it was getting light… about ten seconds after “er indoors TM went to the loo when there was a mass exodus of dogs following her. I went too; partly for the loo myself and partly to make sure the dogs went out too and didn’t just follow her back to bed.
Suitably tiddled we all went back to bed and slept through till eight o’clock.
 
As I had my morning rummage round the Internet I saw that five people on my Facebook friends list had birthdays today. I sent out messages to those who’ve made some attempt to communicate with me in the last five years. I sighed at the sight of one of the people on the list. Someone for whom I did so much over the years who (on several occasions) really exemplified the two hundred and eighty-fifth Rule of Acquisition “no good deed ever goes unpunished”.
 
With the dogs settled we drove into Ashford for what is (hopefully) becoming a regular monthly catch-up brekkie with old friends that we don’t see anywhere near enough these days. Matt was late; a water leak had stuffed his electricals, and when everything runs through the Alexa that can be an issue. As I told him, I didn’t laugh *that* much.
After an hour I left “er indoors TM with brekkie club; I had to get away relatively promptly. I’d told my brother I’d meet him at Dad’s house at eleven o’clock. I was twenty minutes late. Having been stuck behind a fleet of double decker buses for some miles I got past them at Winchelsea only to find myself stuck behind a convoy of learner drivers.
We got quite a load of stuff sorted at Dad’s house. Loads bagged up for a tip, and I brought home some old photos.
 
I got home earlier than expected, and seeing the weather was better than I had expected. “er indoors TM and Cheryl took the dogs out and I had a go in the garden. Last summer I spent about three hundred quid trying to build a cascade arrangement to return water to the pond from the filters. Having been looking at it for months I’ve had to conclude that it didn’t work. It just looked like the wooden frame covered with butyl lining which it is; despite my best attempts to disguise it. And ever since I put it in place the pond’s water level has been dropping *fast*. So this afternoon I put it all back as it was last year. Ten seconds to type; a couple of hours of hard labour to do. And whilst I was at it I cleaned out the pond’s filters. Every October/November I turn them off and leave them over the winter to fester, and every March I have a foul sulphurous stench to clean up.
 
“er indoors TM and the dogs came home, and I spent a little while working on my next Wheri-project. Just copying latitude and longitude co ordinates of half a dozen locations from one app to another took an hour. I soon got bored of that and had a look at old photos. Many will end up in the bin, but there were one or two classics.
 
“er indoors TM boiled up dinner which we scoffed whilst watching “Lego Masters: Australia”. What with it being sei-finals week next week, things are getting rather hot on that show right now.
 
I’m going to bed in a minute… today has been rather busy – I’m feeling rather worn out.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment