16 March 2023 (Thursday) - Urban Fit(s)

I had a much better night’ sleep last night having first secured a decent helping of the duvet on my side of the bed.
As I scoffed toast so my phone started beeping like a thing possessed; the Wherigo geocaches that I hid yesterday had gone live. That was a result. That’s seventy-two geocaches of mine gone live this week, and I’m now the county’s top hider of geocaches…(for now).
And I saw the HCPC are putting their fees up by twenty per cent. If I want to carry on being a professional blood tester I have to be registered with the Health and Care Professions Council. None of what they do is government funded. It all comes out of the payments of the registrants. I can’t help but think that if the government wants a regulated health care system, then it should pay for the regulation itself. Not expect those being regulated to pay for it out of their wages which are being increased at about a quarter of the rate that the cost of the regulation is being increased.
 
Bearing in mind the three major walks the dogs have had this week we just went for a small walk round the block today, capping two Urban Fits as we went (it’s a Munzee thing). And with walk walked we came home and as the dogs slept I watched a couple of episodes of “Downton Abbey” as I did the ironing. It was all go at the Abbey with Her Ladyship having to fend off an immoral advance, and I got the laundry basket emptied and all the laundry washed, if not all dried and ironed.
 
My plan for today was to organise the April’s geo-meet. I had it all sussed; we would be having an al-fresco session in the garden of the Red Lion in Badlesmere as  we’ve been there several times before and had been well looked after.
I got there and there was a rather severe looking woman and a bearded chap behind the bar. I’d never seen either of them before, despite having been visiting the place pretty much every month over the last couple of years. I smiled and asked about holding the event in their garden. She looked at me as though I was some passing weirdo, and wanted to know just how many people would be along for a sit-down meal. I explained the whole concept of a geo-meet. We might have anywhere between twelve and forty people. Some would be eating, some wouldn’t. I could see from her expression that she wasn’t at all impressed. I explained that we’d had many meets there before. The bearded chap at the bar then intervened. He firmly told me that they had been at the Red Lion for five years and they had never had anything like that there before. Neither of them  actually said “F… off fatso” but that was certainly their tone.
I walked out with a sense of total disbelief. What was that all about? I drove to Singleton Barn and they booked us in quite happily.
“er indoors TM has since been in contact with the owners (who were having a day off). They would be only too pleased to have us… Such a shame, but Singleton Barn got me out of a hole last year and I’m not letting them down.
 
I came home via the petrol station where I got fuel for the car and fuel for me (in the form of a chicken sandwich). I spent several hours this afternoon working on a new Wherigo… I say a new one; it was (is) an old one I originally wrote eight years ago. Like many of the Wherigos I wrote ages ago it was perhaps a tad more complicated than it needed to be so I simplified it somewhat. I’m doing that with several of my old Wherigos; making them more user-friendly (now I know how to), and filling Kings Wood with them. The final of the one I’ve been re-writing to day is a pain in the glass (asStormageddon – Bringer of Destruction TM” would say) in that it gets endless reports of “Did Not Find – It’s Missing – Sort It Out” and when I make a special journey I find it is exactly where it should be. The new one will be in Kings Wood where, if there are issues, I can sort them on a dog walk.
 
“er indoors TM boiled up fish and chips which we scoffed whilst watching “Outsiders”, and then Sandi Toksvig in a holiday home in the back of beyond in Scotland.
Despite having had a rather lazy day, I’m worn out…

No comments:

Post a Comment