2 March 2023 (Thursday) - A Day's Holiday

With no alarm set I slept through until half past seven. I got up, made toast and had a look at the Internet. It was still there. Today’s Facebook feed featured loads of pictures of children dressed for “World Book Day”. You’d think that on World Book Day” children would read books, wouldn’t you? You would be wrong. Apparently World Book Day” is a chance for parents to get incredibly competitive as they send their children to school dressed as their favourite literary character… and if the parents or the children don’t realise that “Emmett” from “the Lego Movie” or “Elsa” from “Frozen” are from books, then that don’t matter.
There’s a very good rant on the matter here.
I’ll just make the observation that had “My Boy TM” or “Daddy’s Little Angel TM” ever had this nonsense they would have been sent to school in their usual school uniforms, and if anyone asked they would had said that they were “The Children Whose Daddy Couldn’t Be Arsed”.
 
I took the dogs out… Bearing in mind it is still too muddy for Orlestone we went to Kings Wood and explored some parts of the wood we’ve not been in before. As we walked we met a nice Canadian lady and her dog. The dogs all played nicely, and got given dried liver treats too. That was something of a result.
As we walked back to the car we saw some familiar faces. Some hunters of Tupperware were in search of the caches I’d put in the woods last weekend. It was good to catch up.
With dogs in the boot I gave them their usual treat, and then saw Morgan’s neck… It wasn’t as bad as I thought. When I got him into the bath it was clear that what I’d thought was fox poo was actually mud, but he got a good scrubbing nonetheless.
 
I settled the pups and drove down to Folkestone. “Daddy’s Little Angel TM” was having a driving lesson and I got to look after “Darcie Waa Waa TM. I was reliably informed that she likes “Princess Power”, but she didn’t seem that impressed to me. We put on episodes of “Bebefin” until she fell asleep. I fell asleep too.
We were woken by the doorbell. Someone claiming to be a health visitor… Bearing in mind “Daddy’s Little Angel TM” was out I sent this woman packing assuming she was some sort of fake. Two minutes later she returned with “Daddy’s Little Angel TM”; it turned out she was genuine. But she seemed impressed that I’d not let her in; that showed I was looking out for WaaWaa… as if I wouldn’t look out for her?
 
Leaving “Daddy’s Little Angel TM” with her visitor I came home and rang British Gas. Earlier in the week some third party had wanted me to pay them for the outstanding gas bill at Dad’s house. A month ago I’d set up a direct debit with British Gas, so I phoned them to see what was going on. “Queen” told me that apparently that direct debit failed (?) I suggested  that maybe they might have let me know; “Queen” said she was surprised that they hadn’t. But the bill is paid for now.
I then spent a couple of hours ironing whilst watching episodes of “Downton Abbey” in which Lady Sybil croaked, which cast rather a pall on the goings-on.
 
“er indoors TM came home with a new haircut (apparently) and as she got busy in the kitchen I watched an episode of “Ancient Aliens” in which it was claimed that in World War Two the German Reich had access to alien technology… Didn’t help them much, did it?
As we scoffed dinner we watched something new (to us). “Stath Lets Flats” was first aired in 2018 and is rather good.
 
I’ve has a very busy day off… I’m worn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment