3 March 2023 (Friday) - Rostered Day Off

Having had no dubious friend requests on Facebook for a while, I found myself faced with two this morning as I scoffed my toast. There was one with a frankly epic chest who claimed to be  a “Mrs” and despite the demure expression claimed to be a “Professional Dominatix and a shrink BDSM influencer, into different kinds of festish”. Her profile picture featured a rather impressive array of artificial pork swords,
The other one said she was a “digital creator” which is far more of a refined career, but her profile did feature some rather raunchy undercrackers.
I’ve reported both to the Facebook Feds… If I don’t take a moral stance, who will?
I had more adverts about cruises though. Now I’m old, Saga Holidays are sending me quite a bit of stuff. Today’s advert was for a two-week cruise up the Danube for only three thousand quid. I suspect that Saga Holidays have no idea that I’ve already had a holiday with them… it was a week in Jersey in 1986 (!) when “er indoors TM worked for them.
 
I got the leads onto the dogs and took them up to Kings Wood for a little explore. Again we took the paths we rarely take, and had a rather good walk. Mind you we did meet an idiot… an idiot on a horse. The dogs ran to the horse. I blew the whistle and then started coming back. The idiot on the horse then called out what good dogs they were and they ran back to her. I blew the whistle and they turned and came to me. She then loudly announced “Forward, Dobbin” (or something along those lines) and of course the dogs were attracted again. After five minutes of this sort of thing I told her I was giving up as she was determined to be unhelpful. She asked what she could do to stop the dogs bothering her horse. I told her to stand where she was in silence whilst they came all the way up to me at which point I could get them on the leads. Grudgingly she did as I asked, and with them on the lead she eventually came past. I gave her a sarcastic “thank you” as she came past, but I think the sarcasm was wasted.
A little while later we met a nice man with four dogs who had also had a run-in with a horse. I wonder if it was the same one? I rarely (if ever) see horses in Kings Wood; we met three loads today.
When we got back to the car I realised I’d lost Bailey’s lead somewhere.
 
We came home. “er indoors TM was off today, so we thought we might have lunch out somewhere. The Harvester was full as was the Pheasant. One of the legacies of the COVID pandemic is that fewer and fewer places allow you to just turn up for dinner; more and more places expect you to book in advance.
We drove out to Westwell to the Wheel. The place wasn’t only closed; it was being rebuilt.
We went to the Beefeater in the end. We’d had a good dinner there a couple of weeks ago. They had tables free. We had a rather good scoff.
 
And with scoff scoffed we went on a little shopping spree. To Bybrook Barn to get a new lead for Bailey. And a new collar too. Pets at Home would have been more convenient, but for the price of collar or lead at Pets at Home we got both at Bybrook Barn.
We then went to Pets at Home anyway… or to the vets in there. Last weekend Bailey had the trots. Rather impressively. Morgan has them now. I asked for a dose of the medicine that Bailey had had. We’ve got some – let’s hope it does the trick.
 
Being a Friday we watched the new episode of “Star Trek: Picard” which would have been far better had the main characters behaved in the way that was established over thirty years ago.
 
Today was a rostered day off – it’s been a rather busy one.

No comments:

Post a Comment