7 March 2023 (Tuesday) - Before the Late Shift

 

I had a better night’s sleep last night. Having been on a recent night shift helped with that, but I’d struck on the frankly genius idea of starting the night a tad further from the edge of the bed, and so dogs wouldn’t be pushing me out of the covers and/or off of the edge. In a novel break with tradition my genius idea worked.
I slept rather well despite a rather vivid nightmare in which I was transferred from my place of work to the menswear department of Grace Brother’s department store where I was to be the crocodile handler. The logic (if that was the term) was that if I could handle Bailey (who is smaller than the average cat) then how hard could a full-blown alligator be?
I was rather glad to wake up.
 
I made toast and had my usual look at the Internet and saw that two more young ladies wanted to be my friend. One of them collects plastic pork swords as a hobby, as evidenced by some of the photos on its Facebook page. The other one seemed to operate out of a caravan in Ohio, and doesn’t seem to be reticent in brandishing the norks.
Neither appeared to have any interest in Lego, cakes or dogs so I deleted both requests.
I sent out a birthday wish to a Facebook friend. The chap in question is someone who I encountered through geocaching. I can’t claim to know him well, but over the years he has been incredibly helpful to me in many ways.  Knowing that the chap is retired. I always assumed he was about six or seven years older than me… he is exactly two weeks younger.
 
I had hoped for a half-way decent walk before going to work, but I had an email from the geocaching reviewer. Yesterday I’d sent him a preliminary first draft of what I had in mind for my next Wherigo project. He’d found that I’d made two rather silly mistakes, and correcting them took longer than I expected.
So having less time than I’d hoped I just walked the dogs round the local roads fetching in old geocaches that had run their course. Some time ago I set up a virtual “Crystal Maze” geo-game in the co-op field. The idea was that you do the games in the co-op field and then get told the locations of where I’d hidden geocaches. Sadly (in all honesty) this was nowhere near as well received as I had been hoping. And in the meantime the council has planted a load of trees in the play zones, and you can’t physically get to the part of the field you need to get to any more as it is all cordoned off. But fetching in the physical pots gave the dogs a walk.
 
I got home to find postie had been with two magazines. One I will read from cover to cover, and one I will not.
I settled on the sofa with the pups and watched more “Downton Abbey” in which Mr Gregson was pursuing Lady Edith because his wife didn’t understand him. It turned out that his wife didn’t understand anyone as she was start staring mad and had been locked away. Meanwhile Lady Rose was being problematical, as Lady Roses are apt to be.
 
And so to work… and as is so often the way with late shifts, by mid-day the day was effectively over…

No comments:

Post a Comment