7 May 2024 (Tuesday) - A Day at Work

I didn’t sleep well, and was awake far too early. I watched the first episode of something that I discovered on the Sky-Q box. “Missions”; a very strange TV show in which a French crew were supposedly the first to go to Mars. The show didn’t help itself in that it had clearly been written by someone who didn’t have the faintest idea about how space works, and the translation from the original French into English was rather iffy at best. There are those who would say that on the plus side one of the lady astronauts flopped them out, but sadly getting the jubblies out is often a cheap trick to beef up a weak TV show.
 
Having Munzed on the sofa for a bit I took a rather circuitous route to work Munzing twenty Points of Interest as I went. As I drove I listened to the radio. I've not heard the news for a while... not much had changed. One side in the conflict in Gaza wants a cease fire; the other doesn't. Am I being cynical in wondering that had the other side agreed to a cease-fire, how long would it have lasted.
There was talk about the new Scottish First Minister. The average Scot is (apparently) up in arms as the chap wasn't voted in by a general election. I sighed. This happens every time that a governing party in British politics selects a new leader. It isn't a new development. It's how Boris Johnson got in. So why don't the masses realise this.
And there was an interview with one of the leading lights in the Labour party who seemed to be unable to answer any question put to him. Like most politicians.
 
I got to work. Not having been there for a week I got my priorities right and booked some holiday. As I worked I had an email from B&Q: would I rate them on Trustpilot? Seriously? Interestingly sixty-eight per cent of their reviews are only one star. I’m not the only one who thinks they are crap.
Work was work… perhaps a tad dull. There was certainly a lot less physical effort than a lot of my day have had recently.
 
With work done we watched more “Race Across the World”. In the second season the contestants are charging across South America. There’s a lot less jungle and a lot more desert than I thought there was.
Today was a tad dull.

No comments:

Post a Comment