6 October 2010 (Wednesday) - Another Day...


Up early (as usual) and then off to Asda to get lunch (as usual) and off to work (as usual). All rather dull really. Whilst at work I popped up to the surgical ward to visit the malingerer. On my first two visits he was fast asleep, but he seemed quite chirpy when I went back for the third time. (Sometimes working in a hospital can be quite handy) He’s had his operation, had various tubes coming out of various places, and was wearing a rather fetching dress. Normally I would have photographed the dress, but it’s not fair to photograph cross dressing when people are poorly and not at their best.

The radio had an interesting article today. The Duke of Devonshire has had a clear out and is staging an attic sale. Presumably His Grace has a larger attic that the average punter, as he has some twenty thousand bits of tat he’s trying to shift. There’s no denying that I’d like to have a sale of all the unwanted tat cluttering up my house. Perhaps I could persuade ‘er indoors TM  to follow His Grace’s lead?

And (apparently) more of England is currently forested now than has been for the last two hundred years. Presumably there is money in planting trees, and large tracts of what was once fields is now managed forest. I always think that it is quite a shame that the old camp site in Smarden (from my days in the Boys Brigade) has been planted as a forest. Today’s radio program made me dig out some old photographs and then I got busy with the scanner. What appears as open land in that album is now all trees...

No comments:

Post a Comment