18 December 2022 (Sunday) - Family Bingo & Quiz Night

I’m told I was in bed shortly after nine o’clock last night. I woke feeling surprisingly chipper only to find it was ten past midnight, and the rest of the night was somewhat restless.
Over brekkie I posted up yesterday’s diary entry, then reviewed the places we’d been to yesterday on TripAdvisor.  It turned out that “er indoors TM and sister-in-law had discovered a model village in Rye that opens in the New Years they want to go and visit, so a return to Rye is on the cards. Result!
 
I opened the eighteenth window of my Lego Advent calendar, wondered just what I was supposed to say about a rocking horse and a nuclear missile, and then wasted an hour playing a “Bubble-Pop” game whilst “er indoors TM got stressy with the dogs. I keep telling her that if she leaves her stuff where the dogs can eat it, the dogs will eat it. And the more I tell her, the more stressy she gets. And here’s me being helpful. In a spirit of being helpful I offered to do the hoovering, but “er indoors TM  said that she would do it properly later…
 
Pausing only briefly to repair the damage done when someone smacked the wing mirror off of the “er indoors TM -mobile we set off on a little mission. First to Kennington for a MOB and a couple of Qrewzees, and with those done the group efforts for the current Munzee Clan War were done. All that remains is the individual stuff.
We then went to Folkestone to visit “Daddy’s Little Angel TM” and “Darcie Waa Waa TM (“Stormageddon – Bringer of Destruction TM” is with his dad this week). The most recent fruit of my loins was teaching my favourite youngest granddaughter how to play pool on the PlayStation, but there was a minor contretemps when her virtual  opponent (Tiffany Bigjobs or some such name) snookered her, and consequently made her foul herself (“Daddy’s Little Angel TM”, notDarcie Waa Waa TM”!)
I settled down on the sofa, ate her left-over pizza and went to sleep.
 
We then went shopping. First of all to The Bargain Warehouse where they flog no end of stuff super-cheap as it is past its best-before date (as opposed to its use-by date). Some of their stuff is rather good. Some of it is stuff I’d never touch in a million years. It pays to be judicious in what you are buying and not just pile the trolley sky-high.
We piled our trolley sky-high and got rather wet in the car park as we stood in the rain loading stuff from trolley to car boot, then went on to Aldi where we got all the stuff that does go off and really needs to be bought before it goes rancid.
The plan had been for me to come home and take the dogs out whilst “er indoors TM did Aldi, but it was hossing down. The dogs don’t seem to mind getting cold if they stay dry, but I wasn’t happy for them to get cold *and* wet.
 
We came home. It didn’t take *that* long to unload the car. “er indoors TM  boiled up a very good bit of dinner, then (using Microsoft Teams) we tuned in to the Christmas family bingo session. It was great fun… and I ended up quids up on the deal… and won the quiz we followed it up with.
I shall be gloating for some time…
 

No comments:

Post a Comment