26 December 2022 (Monday) - Boxing Day

 Stormageddon – Bringer of Destruction TMhad been rather good yesterday, but this morning he wasn’t happy. The plan was that he would spend today with his Dad. He didn’t want to… or so he said. It seems to me that he only ever wants to do that which he is doing right that second. If he is at his Mum’s place, that’s where he wants to be. If he then gets dragged (kicking and screaming) to Nanny’s house, then that’s where he always wanted to be and hated being at Mum’s place earlier. He was adamant that he didn’t want to go to his Dad’s today, but I expect that within five minutes he would have been settled and would be refusing to go anywhere else.
 
After a very late brekkie “er indoors TM drove the kids back to Folkestone to their various lairs. I wanted to go, but it is rather a squash in the car so I stayed behind and walked the dogs round the block. We didn’t go far, and when we came home they were asleep in minutes.
I hung out the washing that I’d put in earlier, and fed the dishwasher yet another load. What with yesterday’s epic feast the poor dishwasher has never been so busy.
 
“er indoors TM returned, and we then had a rather lazy day. Whilst she did jigsaw puzzles I settled myself in front of the telly for an epic slobbing session. “Doctor Who and the Daleks”, “Mary Poppins” and “Ghostbusters” filled the afternoon, and as we scoffed cold meat and pickle we watched the Christmas “Celebrity Lego Masters” show.
 
As I watched telly I fiddled with my new SmartWatch. My old one was six years old and was worn out. The battery was on the way out and the strap had worn through. The new one is pretty much set to how I want it… but I need to measure my blood pressure so’s I can calibrate the fitness app’s blood pressure monitor, and I have no idea what the dials on the lower half are measuring.
I expect I will find out eventually…

No comments:

Post a Comment