19 December 2022 (Monday) - Rather Dull

I slept like a log last night, but the morning ritual was somewhat different today. It was pouring hard and both puppies refused point-blank to go out in the rain. I dumped them on “er indoors TM with instructions that they were both "fully loaded" and she had to watch them "like a pork" as “My Boy TM used to say.
I made toast and watched an episode of "Star Trek: Prodigy" which was surprisingly good, then had a look at the Internet. I glossed over the petty squabbles on Facebook then struggled to get dressed. The new mattress is very much higher than the old one, and sitting on it whilst I do socks and stuff can't be done.
 
Leaving “er indoors TM  and the dogs snoring (so much for watching them "like a pork"!) I wandered off to find my car parked two streets away. As I drove I saw the thing's thermometer thought it was ten degrees outside - about fourteen degrees warmer that the mornings of last week had been.
As I drove the pundits on the radio were all a-twitter about the football world cup final that had taken place last night (apparently). It seems that Argentina won, and (quite frankly) far too much air-time was devoted to something which really didn’t warrant it. Argentina won. How could that be dragged out over twenty minutes?
There was also talk about tomorrow’s threatened ambulance strike in which it was claimed that ambulances will only attend life-or-death cases. It was claimed that heart attacks and strokes aren’t life-or-death, and anyone with a broken leg should make their own way to hospital. Seriously? I think the BBC are talking twaddle here.
 
Work was work. The nice nurses at the cancer centre came up to the blood bank with a box of chocolates for us, which was kind of them. I scoffed some, did my bit, and came home.
It was only a few short months ago when after an early shift I would have taken the dogs to the woods, but it was fully dark half an hour before I got home today.
I put the dogs’ reflective collars on them and we went round the block.
 
And then when I came to record history this evening the lap-top took an absolute age to get going this evening. It simply won’t load up the Firefox browser, and I think it is fast approaching the end. It is six and a half years old… how long do you get out of a lap-top these days?
After a rather eventful weekend, today was dull.

No comments:

Post a Comment