7 December 2022 (Wednesday) - Stop That!!!

I had another good night, sleeping right through till five o'clock. I took the dogs out; they both did that which was expected of them right away. Flushed with success I made toast and watched a bit of telly before opening the advent calendar and setting off to work.
 
As I drove the pundits on the radio were talking about a rather puritanical move by the Indonesian government who have declared that sex outside of marriage is illegal in their jurisdiction. Presumably the singles out there will be clad in stout hessian undergarments as God intended? I can't help but wonder how the Indonesian Feds intend to enforce this law. Are they going to go out actively hunting down those doing the dirty deed?
And that idiot Donald Trump's in trouble again. The last election in the recent bout of elections in America saw his preferred candidate getting beaten, and his company has been found guilty of criminal tax fraud.
Apparently Mr Trump has announced it is all a conspiracy to piss on his chips. Well, he would, wouldn't he?
 
I got to work and had something of a shock. Back in the day when I was a manager I shared an office with someone for a long time. A short while after I moved out of that office I had something of an episode in life (to which I have alluded from time to time) during which I found out who my friends were. Like quite a few people I'd considered to be good friends, this chap (with whom I'd worked very closely and with whom I'd been in very close contact every day for five years) dropped me like a hot potato. I'd not seen him for a long time, but he had some reason to be talking to the bosses at work today.
He looked a tad sheepish when he saw me. What do you do in such a situation? I couldn't really tell him to get stuffed, could I? Perhaps I should have done? Instead I contented myself with blanking him and telling everyone what a git he was. Perhaps that was a tad petty and harsh of me, but I wasn't in the best frame of mind today. Either the Chinese chicken or the curried cauliflower I'd scoffed last night hadn't sat right, and I had something of a bellyache that lasted all day.
 
As I worked so my phone rang. It was the people who are fixing my car. I say "fixing"; they phoned with the news that it was fixed. I collect it on Friday morning. I shall be glad to get my car back. The courtesy car is all very well, but it does smell funny. It has got a clean, plastic-y mall that is difficult to describe. Perhaps "not smelling of dogs in any way" is perhaps most accurate and is presumably the main reason why the people who provided it don't want dogs in it.
 
And then the boss asked if she could have five minutes of my time…. How did I think Monday’s interview went? Would I take the job is offered it? I told her that it wasn’t how well I did, it was how well everyone else did that counted, and that I was still rather unsure. I told her I wasn’t keen on the travelling to Pembury every day, and thought I’d probably get fed up with the travel. She smiled, and said would I prefer a not entirely  dissimilar role based at Maidstone?
Decisions, decisions…

No comments:

Post a Comment