9 December 2022 (Friday) - Before the Night Shift

I finally got warm in bed last night then “er indoors TM started flapping the duvet about. I got warm again, and she started flapping the duvet about again. And so it continued. In the morning she was adamant she’d been still all night. What was that all about?
“er indoors TM dealt with the puppies’ toilet ritual this morning. I made toast, then peered into the Internet. It was still there. There was a lot of talk on one of the dachshund Facebook pages about whether or not it was too cold to take dogs out, and whether or not dogs would wear coats. As always everyone had an opinion, and expressing a difference of opinion was tantamount to a declaration of war
Someone was selling a full-sized police box TARDIS. I quite liked the look of it. The thing would sit nicely at the end of the garden and I could put all the electricals for the pond into it… A bargain at only six thousand pounds.
 
There was a knock on the door. The nice man had arrived with my car. It looked just like it used to before the side got all scuffed up; it’s only a shame it took the insurance people three months to sort out what the local garage could have done (cheaper) in a couple of days.
I left the nice man with the courtesy car and put my boots on whilst “er indoors TM got the dogs into their coats. Some went easier than others but I think it fair to say that none of them are as bad with a coat as Fudge used to be.
We drove through the fog up to Kings Wood, and set off on a walk. After a couple of minutes I realised that Bailey had escaped from her coat; it was laying on the path behind us. She had her coat put back on but soon escaped from it again. Eventually I tired of stuffing her back into her coat. I couldn’t work out if she deliberately wriggles out of it, or whether she walks out of it as it is too big.
And then I lost her…
I could hear a woofing. Bailey had gone straight through the mesh of a wire fence and was bothering a couple of horses. I say “bothering”; the horses didn’t seem fussed. I blew on the whistle and when she came for the treat I dragged her back through the fence. This is a tad worrying… we’ve been walking past this fence several times a week over the last few months and she’s shown no interest in it before. Mind you there’s never been anything in that field before.
And then on finding the fox poo too frozen to roll in, she ate it. Bailey was rather troublesome this morning.
Morgan and Treacle were as good as gold…
 
We came home; I popped up to the corner shop. Regular readers of this drivel may recall I went up there to get something to scoff with our morning coffee when the car went for fixing but they’d sold out back then. At the time I said “Sometimes they’ve got loads left at mid-day, other times they’ve sold out at ten o’clock”. Today they had loads left at eleven o’clock.
I made a cuppa and tried to warm croissant and pain au chocolat in the microwave… Eventually I managed. It has to be said that for all that the builder chap made a thoroughly excellent job of fitting the new kitchen, I absolutely hate it, and would willingly pay to have it all put back as it used to be.
 
“er indoors TM scoffed her pain au chocolat as she did her working from home. I scoffed my croissant as I did my CPD. Despite my CPD blog being almost as dull as this drivel, it has been viewed over six hundred times over the last week.
 
And then it was mid-day… I went to bed for the afternoon and slept for over three hours, which was something of a result. With “er indoors TM working from home the dogs all wanted to stay downstairs with her, and so I had no one competing for the hot water bottle, and no one flapping the duvet about either..
I’ll have a bit of scoff in a minute, then I’m off to the night shift…

No comments:

Post a Comment